Discuss Phone calls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bikerbas

Hi all
Ive been advertising in the local paper and getting a few jobs
Ive noticed if im at home i get a few calls on the land line,but not many on my mobile if im out all day on a job.
Just wanted to know what you guys do,do you use call divert or answerphone?
Cheers

Hi all
Ive been advertising in the local paper and getting a few jobs
Ive noticed if im at home i get a few calls on the land line,but not many on my mobile if im out all day on a job.
Just wanted to know what you guys do,do you use call divert or answerphone?
Cheers
answer phone works for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I just have my well spoken wife on the answerphone. She's also around a lot to take calls. It does help.

People tend to trust a landline more, it's obvious why.

I find that older people (40 plus) seem to prefer to phone the landline, whereas younger people tend to phone the mobile, and those in their 20s rarely ever phone the landline.

I find that older people (40 plus) seem to prefer to phone the landline, whereas younger people tend to phone the mobile, and those in their 20s rarely ever phone the landline.
my 17 year old dont know what a landline is, it will ring all day without her answering it.:rolleyes:

There are a lot of 20 somethings who do not have landlines at all, only mobiles (I have 3 friends like this). This is starting to become a problem for the opinion polls as a sizeable proportion of the polulation is not covered by polls based on landlines.

Last edited:
My land line is a premium rate line,costs £8.70 a minute during day and £10.60 out of hours,got the idea from my local doctor :eek:

If people can not afford to ring ma mobile,they can not afford me to step through door

Hate it when people ring me from the office phone and ask me to ring them back on their mobile,so can not do redial,have to write it down and the ring,then they never answer all day because........they are not allowed to use their mobiles at work because they are in a sad dead end job

And hate it when they withhold their number,these sad people always leave a long rambling message ,then right at the end say their number real fast or mumble last 3 digits,so you have to listen to rubbish 5 times to get number if you can be bothered
On my message I say,please,please leave your name and tel number first,then a message,will get straight back to you,do withhold number people listen ...no
Do I get straight back to them ....no :mad:

Feel better now got all that off me chest :D

imho

this is so true, my son bought a flat and got internet in he got a free landline and never knew the number or answered the phone, then he sold the flat to his sister and she is the exact same, if i ever phone the landline she doesnt answer it "cause nobody knows the number it must be a sales call" when i told her it was me she says i shouldnt phone the land line as i know she wont answer it WTF, in a warped way she is right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Phone calls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock