Search the forum,

Discuss Performa 28. CH working but no Hot Water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dh82

Hi all, hoping someone can offer some advice. And hopefully I've created this thread in the correct place.

I have a Performa 28 boiler. It's been working fine (the hot water used to take a little while to come through but it always came through eventually), but as of Monday I now have no hot water coming through the taps at all.

The central heating is working fine. On the boiler itself the power light is green, the radiator light is green, the burner light goes on and off (yellow) which I'm guessing it's supposed to, but the water light is just off all the time, regardless of whether I put the boiler on hot water only, or hot water + radiators.

If anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem may be, or how I might go about successfully identifying the problem I'd be eternally grateful! I live in the North East and we're currently facing ridiculous amounts of snow and cold weather so it could have hardly happened at a more inopportune Monet :)

If the pipe was frozen wouldn't that mean there should be no water coming through at all?

The hot water pressure is as it always is and the flow is fine, just it's ice cold :(

Last edited by a moderator:
correct ,the boiler does not sense you have opened the tap this could be a worn diaphram

If it was the diaphragm, how easy/expensive are these to replce?

Is it a job I would need to call a Heating Engineer in for?

it depends on how clued up you are personally i would think its a heating engineers job

Sounds like diaphragm, often you notice the water running faster thro the hot taps as they get cooler & eventually the boiler doesn't fire. A simple job for a GS engineer.
If not dia then Dhw ntc needs to be checked aswell as changeover/divertor valve operation & maybe plate heat Exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Performa 28. CH working but no Hot Water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock