Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My machine arrived yesterday so I'm all set. Looks fairly straightforward, just need to get some customers to pay now.

going to continue following this thread if people continue to post there experiences. dont think i am at the stage of card machine yet but i do want one. next few months i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started using mine today,put three transactions through absolute doddle funnily enough I think it gives off a more professional air to your business.With the amount of cheques I used to bank I can just visualize the diesel saving running to and fro banking, that and the cracking forum deal which brings in every transaction cheaper than banking a cheque. For me its total convenience and clears funds into my account quicker.

The facility to take card payments over the phone is a big bonus too. Although it's straight forward, contact the Cardsave helpline and they'll talk you through it.

Don that cost more though. Card not present ?
It is higher risk though. We won't take card not present payments unless we know the cardholder personally. Probably a small risk if you have actually worked at the address, but dangerous if you are selling high value items to unknown customers.

I agree Ray, card holder not present has a higher risk if you are dealing with a stranger. However, if you know the person and did work for them at their home, then it can be a convenient method of getting paid.

Well I could tell you about the letter that Bod posted to me last week addressed to "Scotlands sexiest Plumber", but I won't.

Oh what a shame, too late. :prrr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back