Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeF00

Hello. Is it considered unusual or 'a bit off ' to ask a plumber if he would accept a credit card payment before he starts the job.

I'm getting central heating system put in.

Quite a big lucrative job , surely he would insure the 3 or 4 % cost of credit card Payment ?

you will find most plumbers don't have the machine bigger companies will have one but they will charge you more.

smaller plumbing companies are now starting to get card machines. another alternative to consider is bank transfer directly into their account.

Almost all payments I take from customers now are by debit or credit card. I have a mobile card terminal that works on the GPS network and there is a quarterly charge. It saves customers (especially elderly ones) having large amount of cash lying about the house, plus it both eliminates cheques which I no longer accept and the money is paid into my account with acceptance from the credit card company, so I know then and there if the funds are available from my customer and won't bounce like a cheque can.

Here's the company I use:
Card Machines, Chip & Pin Terminals, Online Payments - CardSave

too much of a risk especially with charge backs...

No one wants to do a job then 10 weeks down line, card company saying Sorry we can't pay this, customer is claiming agaist you...

i prefere to be paid in old copper 2 pence coins......... worth more down the tat yard! :)

i think bank transfere is a good idea.

too much of a risk especially with charge backs...

No one wants to do a job then 10 weeks down line, card company saying Sorry we can't pay this, customer is claiming agaist you...
So do you expect to be paid cash every time? Practically every goods or services these days involves card payments, so you're talking nonsense. What's the alternative, a bounced cheque? I've never had one single problem, that's because I leave a first class fully guaranteed job, charge backs will only happen if you leave a pigs ear of a job.

So do you expect to be paid cash every time? Practically every goods or services these days involves card payments, so you're talking nonsense. What's the alternative, a bounced cheque? I've never had one single problem, that's because I leave a first class fully guaranteed job, charge backs will only happen if you leave a pigs ear of a job.

had to charge back an on line butchers once, asked for a delivery of quality pork cuts to make a stock, when it came they had made a right pigs ear of the order! :)

To the op. If you are just springing the payment by credit card then expect to pay the fees. In this day and age there's no such thing as a lucrative job. Margins are tight.

I know I wouldn't be paying it.

Personally I would never expect someone to do a job in my home home then expect them to accept payment by card. There again thats my opinion.

Personally I would never expect someone to do a job in my home home then expect them to accept payment by card. There again thats my opinion.
So how do you expect to be paid? I don't want my customers carrying the risk of having thousands of pounds lying around their house just to pay me! Cheques are worse and I feel insulted being offered one. Come on its the 21st Century and card payments have been around since the 1960's. Besides customers love the convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock