Discuss Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I think it's time for me to get a part p. I am trying to move my business in the direction of heating engineering and certified electrical installations.
whats my options regarding part p courses? Is it still a cheeky 2 day course to be a domestic installer or has that changed?
my gas is the ultimate goal but the sparks will go hand in hand with the gas

like putting in a bath and tiling

My advice is to buy a copy of the 17th edition regs AMD3 and a copy of the on-site guide AMD3 you will need these to join a scheme anyway.

When you get them have a good read and see if you still want to do electrics as you will need to know the regs well so you know that you are doing the work correctly.

Said that they come out on site to check a job ie doing a spur or installing a extractor fan. Then a online assessment test

They would need to see either a job that required a full electrical installation certificate (re-wire, consumer unit change or new circuit - e.g. shower) or several Minor works certificate jobs.

They are only interesting in your ability to perform safe isolation and follow the correct procedures for inspection and testing.

Just because you only want to do a small amount of electrical work you still need to know the complete range of information. An Electrician is an Electrician you cant pick and choose bits you want to do.

An example of one of the questions is "What is the max Zs value for a circuit with a 32a BS60898 breaker", fairly basic question but essential to know the answer.

Last edited:
Probably not, ironic you said that word as I joined the sparkies last night with an ohms question, lol

:D i see you met marvo and they labeled you as a diy rpm :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock