Discuss Part L trv's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reltub

Any1 got a link to information regarding wether or not you have to fit trv's onto an existing system when changing a boiler? I always fit them anyway but someone was saying that you cant make a customer bring everything upto part L ie trv's room stats cylinder lagging etc etc

if you fit a new boiler you dont have to fit trvs but you have to fit a room stat

..but someone was saying that you cant make a customer bring everything upto part L ie trv's room stats cylinder lagging etc etc

Instinct tells me this is true - after all meeting Building Regs is home owners responsibility NOT ours!

But my instincts are wrong.
I am sure the rules are that TRVs must now be fitted and it is Building Regs 2010.
You asked for link - I might find one for you but not right now.
It is one of those Building Regs doc.s

But I have never got my head around the responsibilities of the Gas Installer to comply with Building Regs... and why TRVs were optional and then became compulsory.

Trvs only when changing rads or installing new system. Dont have to if only changing boiler

To comply with building regs and best practice they should be fitted but if someones boiler packs in and they can barely afford a new boiler no one is going to haul them or you into court because they couldn't afford trv's.
It just would never happen.

I offer them as an option on the quote along with a note that they are a requirement for full compliance with part L. Very few customers take me up on the fitting of them.

Strictly speaking you are self certifying the installation to comply with the relevant building regulations. Like tamz said, your not going to get into any bother by not doing it, but at the same time you are issuing a certificate of compliance and not complying.

I fitted a boiler and room stat the other day in a customers house.

Cust. Didnt want TRVs fitting, so I didnt.

As I have recently gone self employed and have to show some of my work to local Gas safe man I was going to use this job.

Now I aint sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part L trv's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back