Search the forum,

Discuss Part L heating zone compliance?? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oaky

What is the best way with boiler upgrades etc to comply with zoning requirements of part l, programmable trv's etc......

Still the same. Still have multiple zones with a combi.

Sure I see exactly what you are saying however this will make for quite a more invasive and expensive boiler change. Is this how you interpret the Part L doc as it not very clear if you look at the table it does say about TRV and programmable room stats.

We have always fitted the TRV and room stat as standard and to be completely honest i didn't realize they now required separate zones on existing.

I thought that it was only on new. And you just do the best possible with the budget available to customer when updating, surely. Although I'm still a trainee and more than willing to be corrected

do a search for zoning, lots of threads, reg came into force oct 2010, its if you are installing two or more items

Only applies if changing a boiler and more than one thermostat. So as long as you keep within these rules you don't have to. It would make your price un competitive and no one I know is doing it.

A boiler and one stat? I was under the impression that would be two controls and therefore zoning required? If we need to follow these standards why don't they make a clear concise document which as GSR engineers we receive in form of technical bulletin giving it in plain English!

Do your best to comply, however as was said, price can go up quite a lot through additional work. I know a fitter that doesn't bother with a room stat, poor in my standard. I once lost a job for telling customer I needed to put trv's on, said it works fine without them just now. people that set the energy saving standard don't live in the real world.

try the government online planning portal (dont know how to put up link) and look for L1 reg :) its in a thread somewhere

I agree with that one! That is all i want to try and do recently set up my own company and want to keep up with anything new but this one seems ridiculous. When people are saying it is only a two port valve a stat and bit of pipe it is not only those materials it is time floor boards carpets furniture etc etc. Money money money for not much gain...

Don't think a boiler qualifies as a stat, I read it if you are working on an existing system and do a boiler change then one stat and your okay. No one can force a customer to have trv,s as long as you give them the option. The customer can always fit them themselves or at there own convenience. Would love to see it come up though. Who would pursue it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part L heating zone compliance?? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock