Discuss pan connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbert

customer wants a washing machine in his room next to the outside toilet, there isnt anywhere to put the waste accept next door at the toilet,, i know i can put a pan connector with a boss on the top/back but there is absolutly no room as the soil pipe is right up to the wall and would struggle to connect. so can i use the mcalpine flexible connector with boss but use it sideways so the washing machine can enter from the side of the pan connector. thanks in advance

Little tricky to visualise it from your description but from the way I see it I'd say it might work, but then there'd be problems with leaking later - either from the wc, the washing machine, or both. Bosses are designed for soil pipes and not pan connectors.

Sometimes there is nothing that can be done simply so it could be having to make a hole in the wall for a new 40mm waste which then connects directly into the drain system outside.

When money is thrown at problems more or less anything can be done, but the wallet tends to dictate ultimately.

That said, if you can post a piccy or two there's probably a reasonably easy fix one of us will suggest.

this is what i was thinking http://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.u...with-1-14-universal-boss---40005049-536-p.asp

toilet.jpgthis is the setup as its really close to the wall .. it has a swan neck pan connector on it at the moment and there is no room for a swan neck connector with boss ''as pictured sort of lol''

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see what you mean, but this has 11/4" boss, it should be 11/2" for washing machine waste. I also think you will get a lot of the washing machine waste going into the toilet pan.

If you're desperate it's worth trying before reverting to more expensive methods. If you do try it I recommend that you tell the customer exactly what the problem/ challenge is and that you are trying to save them money otherwise it may cost you money trying to help them save money.

I hope you can make some sense of what I'm trying to say in the last paragraph.

cant u pack the toilet from the wall a bit might give u more space to play with a boss. Where there's a will there's a way. who dares wins!

Move the toilet left or right?

I don't really understand how that will help

if the toilet moves to the left you can then put a tee comin out of floor, elbow pan conn to toilet and then put the washing machine in to the spare connection on the tee

Mc alpine do a fitting, think its called a wp1. Used a few some time ago. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pan connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a...
Replies
Views
hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock