Discuss Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody should be looking down on anybody. Plumbing isn't a difficult trade, it is lack of confidence and experience that holds people back. I see it with apprentices all the time. As long as you are keen, have a good understanding of plumbing, take pride in your work and treat customers well, you won't go far wrong. Confidence and experience will come in time.

There is no shame in asking questions.

Only picking you up on the 'plumbing isn't a difficult trade', oh yes it is. Looking back, I would rather have been a spark, never see a dirty one round my way. I look forward to any holidays, it's the only time I can truly get my hands clean.

The rest of it I like.

The older I get, the more I need!!
Ar' you are not old enough then Danny, you haven't reached the tipping point yet, you can still remember - getting up, half an hour before you went to bed, working a 26 1/2 hour day on site & all this after sinking 15 pints (of strong beer not that weak stuff U drink now) with only an hours sleep after giving the wife one (for an hour), & all before you got up & did it the next day. You are fighting it, saying "well I use to be able to do it why not now". (so does the wife).:sleep1:
It will come soon enough Danny:skull:.

I'm 34, and counting. Haven't sunk 15 pints and gone to work in a long, looong time.

Had a lads poker night the other week, and sat up till gone 3am, swilling down whisky by the bucket load.

It seriously took me about 3/4 days to fully recover. I was a wreck!! As for giving the wife one for an hour......Yeah right!! LOL.

I think £40 would be fairer especially if you haave to go back!! :rolleyes2:

I think £40 would be fairer especially if you haave to go back!! :rolleyes2:

How about £45 on the basis that you'll call when they're ready to decorate the bit of wall behind the radiator, and you'll remove the rad, give them 20 minutes to decorate, and put the radiator back on?

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr, better still, £5O and you'll remove the rad, fit a thermally efficient reflective backing and replace the rad - so just one visit necessary. Never know, they might ask you to do all the other rads in the house.

Might also be an opportunity to quote for TRVs, wireless room stat, power flushing, etc, etc, all being based on the potential for cutting the customer's gas bills.

How about £45 on the basis that you'll call when they're ready to decorate the bit of wall behind the radiator, and you'll remove the rad, give them 20 minutes to decorate, and put the radiator back on?

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr, better still, £5O and you'll remove the rad, fit a thermally efficient reflective backing and replace the rad - so just one visit necessary. Never know, they might ask you to do all the other rads in the house.

Might also be an opportunity to quote for TRVs, wireless room stat, power flushing, etc, etc, all being based on the potential for cutting the customer's gas bills.

Treat it as an opportunity to sell, the bonus being your getting paid for doing what should come naturally to you.

Thats a great idea mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices...
Replies
Views
I’ve just swapped these new valves over live. Didn’t realise how bad the old nuts looked until finished the job. Would it be hard taking these...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock