Discuss Outside tap loss of pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again it is low. The rest of the taps inside are all working ok pressure wise.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 13
The thing is a double check valve and it sounds as though it is faulty.
It has a couple of one way valves that operate against springs, most likely one or both of these has jammed in the shut position.
You can try removing it and poking with a small screwdriver to see if it will free off and realign - or just buy a replacement (quite cheap)

It has a couple of one way valves that operate against springs, most likely one or both of these has jammed in the shut position.
You can try removing it and poking with a small screwdriver to see if it will free off and realign - or just buy a replacement (quite cheap)

Would this be 15mm?

Reply to Outside tap loss of pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have an outside tap that has suddenly stopped working. Tap has been taken off and there is no water flow and has not been turned off under...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I have this outside tap and a while ago it stopped turning off completely. The water almost stops flowing but then it'll click and the water is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock