Discuss Outside sensor slope vs room temperature setpoint in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Correct Website, sorry for confusion.

Best of luck Ian controlling with WC only, at least you have TRVs as supervisory, is your boiler enabled all the time from the programmer?, if so the circ pump will run continuously and the boiler will cycle on/off if its minimum output is more than the heat demand which it often will. Viessmann have very fancy WC where you can change the WC level as well as the slope but still very difficult to control room temperatures especially during milder periods.

I will post a link shortly, it may be of help.

Last edited:
Correct Website, sorry for confusion.

Best of luck Ian controlling with WC only, at least you have TRVs as supervisory, is your boiler enabled all the time from the programmer?, if so the circ pump will run continuously and the boiler will cycle on/off if its minimum output is more than the heat demand which it often will. Viessmann have very fancy WC where you can change the WC level as well as the slope but still very difficult to control room temperatures especially during milder periods.

I will post a link shortly, it may be of help.

I must admit this is a new control philosophy for me, especially as I have heavily invested in Hive TRVs, but as this is my first condensing boiler and I thought I'd try and get the best efficiency from it and I've read that using the boiler flow temperature control in conjunction with weather comp will deliver this.

The Hive controller has scheduled CH times, allowing for earlier ON times, with a room temp (hall stat) of 24c and a set back temp of 16C.

Room temperature controlled and limited by the boiler temp control does sound odd as its based on the heat output of the radiator in that particular room being a match for losses but not too large as to overheat the room, time will tell if I've sized these correctly.

I value warmth over economy, so if this is a spectacular fail, my fallback position is to revert the control back to Hive TRV's being set to 'Heat on Demand' and increase the flow temperature, watch this space :)

Last edited:

Reply to Outside sensor slope vs room temperature setpoint in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock