Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss One radiator not getting hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have fitted 5 new radiators downstairs on a gravity fed central heating system recently and one of the new radiators just wasn't getting hot. I turned off all the valves on the upstairs radiators in the hope that this would force the flow of water into the radiator that wasn't getting hot and this worked, great news!! However, I then decided to open the valves on the upstairs radiators but have the same issue again with the same radiator downstairs. I have tried only opening the upstairs valves a little but same issue.

I have noticed that in the airing cupboard where the water cylinder is kept are two valves that have tags on them stating "balancing valve - do not touch". All the radiators where working fine prior and I've not added an additional radiator to the system only replaced 5 old with new ones. Please help!

This sounds like a balancing issue to be honest. You would need to balance the system again if new valves have been fitted to the 5 new radiators.
If you're unsure on how to go about this then Google heat geek radiator balancing. It will explain the various methods on how to balance and if you read it all it will probably teach quite a bit else along the way.

This sounds like a balancing issue to be honest. You would need to balance the system again if new valves have been fitted to the 5 new radiators.
If you're unsure on how to go about this then Google heat geek radiator balancing. It will explain the various methods on how to balance and if you read it all it will probably teach quite a bit else along the way.
Thank you, I will check this out

Reply to One radiator not getting hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock