Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss old plastic tanks!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

how do you dispose of them guys, got asked today as I was about to leave:)

i re-use the 10g for scrap bins/rubbish tanks,cut the big ones up and wifey takes them up the tip

I've seen people turn them into garden planters, chicken coops and ponds?!?
But if you get in touch with a tank removal firm, they should take it for a small charge.

I know a man that takes mine away, he also pumps across the old fuel for me as well. He stores them in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Stop on a bridge and throw it in. It will sail out to sea and become a shipping hazard :lol:

Cut them up with a recip saw and take them to the nice friendly man at the council tip who for the odd small bag of copper happily turns a blind eye to me :wink:

Can cut them up into manageable pieces with a jigsaw (or similar) & take them to the dump.
But if they can be reused again seems better.
If the tank is perfect condition & can be reused by someone else, then that's fine but best not to get involved with installing a second hand tank.
A flat bottomed plastic tank makes a great log store if you cut a door in it.

Stop on a bridge and throw it in. It will sail out to sea and become a shipping hazard :lol:

Cut them up with a recip saw and take them to the nice friendly man at the council tip who for the odd small bag of copper happily turns a blind eye to me :wink:

tried angle grinding a metal one last week, it blew a new grinder, poor old screw fix, but then found a new pykie to take it away as my old reliable pykie removal men had fled the tax man!

Stick it on ebay, I saw an old steely go for £30 the other week.....

how do you dispose of them guys, got asked today as I was about to leave:)

There is a place just outside of Bridgewater that recycles them, they will collect if you have 12 or more otherwise cut them up and take them down to them, no cash value but they are gone.

They make great raised vegetable beds for growing carrots, leeks and other vegetables. A guy near me takes them, cuts them in half, steam cleans them, drills holes in the bottom of both halves and uses them for that purpose.

I've seen them converted into coal bunkers, log stores, hen coops, goat shelters, pig arks and seen photos of one stood on end converted to a campsite toilet, with a door cut into it fitted with hinges. The possibilities are endless.

Don't cut them up and scrap them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old plastic tanks!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock