Discuss Oil or gas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nollock

hello all,
new to the forum and need some advice, we have recently moved to the country,
the house runs heating and hot water on propane bottles, we have gone through nearly five 47kg bottles in six weeks at 50quid a bottle, heating on only at night and there is only two of us too wash! we have a combi boiler is it cheaper with oil? if so any idea on price for the changeover guessing an oil tank to be fitted and new boiler also will be needed is that correct? there is no mains gas maybe some other form of gas a possibility ?
thanks for any replies, as we are not up to scratch on heating
Nollock

that usage sounds very high, anything else running off lpg in your house?

How big is the house?
Have you contacted calor, or flo gas? To see if a bulk tank would be a better option.
Converting to oil would mean a new boiler, oil tank ( bunded), a concrete base and oil line to new boiler.
You wouldn't get much change from £5,000

How big is the house?
Have you contacted calor, or flo gas? To see if a bulk tank would be a better option.
Converting to oil would mean a new boiler, oil tank ( bunded), a concrete base and oil line to new boiler.
You wouldn't get much change from £5,000

thanks for the reply,
no have not contacted flo gas about a bulk tank but will do thanks, house is a two bed bungalow,
seems that the gas is very costly especially in bottles and does not last, would a bulk tank be any cheaper although bigger? that's my concern. cheers again

thanks for the reply,
no have not contacted flo gas about a bulk tank but will do thanks, house is a two bed bungalow,
seems that the gas is very costly especially in bottles and does not last, would a bulk tank be any cheaper although bigger? that's my concern. cheers again

thanks for reply, just hot water and heating, did smell the gas from 5yards away from the bottles, poss a leak? valve maybe?
cheers

thanks for reply, just hot water and heating, did smell the gas from 5yards away from the bottles, poss a leak? valve maybe?
cheers

If you can smell gas you definitely have a leak!

I have an idea what it'll be but you need it checked out urgently.

Whereabouts are you?

Norfolk, what's the idea you'll think it'll be, cheers

could be a few things but bast for your peace of mind get your system checked

Norfolk, what's the idea you'll think it'll be, cheers

could be a few things but bast for your peace of mind get your system checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil or gas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock