Discuss nvq2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mani

Hi all,

Do you have to be fully qualified to start your own domestic plumbing company. I have the NOCN level 1 certificate but getting someone to take me on at 40, is not easy even for free. If i was to tell college that i am self employed would i be able to do an nvq and i could help friends and family with there plumbing jobs and use this towards my NVQ2 portfolio building.
mani

no and yes look at some old threads/reponses of mine on this if you want to know more

If you have the 6129 then yes you can gain NVQ2 by being self employed. You may find though that it will cost you more as an assessor will need to come out to see all the bits of work that make up the NVQ2. If you work with someone (who has relevant experience), they can sign some bits off for you.

the assessor has to come out for his/her visits and u need to make friends with a local plumber to sign off the rest or just get the missus to sign off your bits remaing lol

hmm oldplumb, this signature lark, not all its cracked up to be is it. know what i mean?.

hmm oldplumb, this signature lark, not all its cracked up to be is it. know what i mean?.

was that a telling off, or recognition that most of the trainees at college signed off their own portfolios to get them in on time,:eek:

the assessor has to come out for his/her visits and u need to make friends with a local plumber to sign off the rest or just get the missus to sign off your bits remaing lol

you need to provide proof of competence before you can sign work off, is the missus a plumber?

fuz hes emplying most students sign off there work themselves.

maybe the case but they have to be employed, and regular visits from college confirms this - i had 7 visits in one year, also signatures are verified....

im pretty confident 99 percent of people who get there nvqs have done it properly if through a proper college

fuz hes emplying most students sign off there work themselves.

maybe the case but they have to be employed, and regular visits from college confirms this - i had 7 visits in one year, also signatures are verified....

im pretty confident 99 percent of people who get there nvqs have done it properly if through a proper college

they may sign it off their seleves but it should be done by a work placed recorder. a workplaced recorder must be a plumber and the evidence of them being a plumber must be in the port folio. this is in addition to the college assessor assessments on-site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nvq2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock