Discuss nvq2 help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all, i currently have 3 years experiance in plumbing and 2 years as a gas engineers mate. the only thing is i have no qualifications (6129 etc).i signed up to olci to go threw the 6129 route, after passing the 6129 theory course which i paid 600 pound for, i realised they wanted an extra £3000 pound to do my assesements and gain my 6129. as i already have experiance i know about most aspects of plumbing so i didnt think the 6129 will teach me an awful lot for the money im paying.but i admit there are some aspects of plumbing im not 100% confident on but hands on experiance is the best way to go,basically i want to build my nvq portfolio and and gain more experiance doing my own work.i know it takes a while to make a portfolio, im not too sure what is required of the portfolio, ie
what types of jobs do i need to record into it. also how much will it cost to get a nvq assesor to visit ? all information on building a portfolio will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hi
You still need to do the 6129 to complete your nvq (6089) you can skip some parts of it providing you hace 5 years provable experience in the plumbing industry.
As for the Nvq the portfolo consists of Safety, prepartory work, Installation, decommission and Maintenance tasks.
Check out the City and Guilds website for more infoor PM me and i can tell you more in detail by phone if you wish.
Hope this helps

u need your 6129 and then register on the 6089 NVQ2, the nvq is not difficult but it is thorough, it will take time and application but if your plumbing should be easily achieveable

you can run your 6129 along side your 6089 but you cant certificate the 6089 before the 6129

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nvq2 help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock