Search the forum,

Discuss nvq level 3 funding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TSB1989

Hello I was wondering whether anyone could help me as regards to funding for the nvq 3 in plumbing.

So heres the story. I managed to get my nvq 2 completed by the age of 18 and then got laid off soon after. After searching for other employers to get me through my level 3 I could not find any to give me a chance to work for them, let alone putting me through my level 3. So a year has gone by and I've managed to get the odd plumbing job whilst doing other work but nothing major. I have finally found someone who wants to put me through my level 3 so then I contact a nearby college (I'm 20). This course costs almost £6000!! Jesus! Why? because I'm in the 19 - 24 age bracket. I think this is so unfair as if I managed to get someone before my 19th birthday itd of been free. So because of being laid off and then the short time lapse before progressing to an nvq l 3 with a new employer I have to pay 6000 pounds. And apparently its the same everywherou go. How on earth can anyone between those ages raise 6000 pounds. I think the system is totally wrong. As we are in a recession I bet alot of guys are in my situation. This is most probably deterring people to continue in the field of plumbing and going back to some morrisons job. So we are losing crafts people to the government once more.

So I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas how to get on this course with some sort of funding?

Thanks for listening

Tom

i was in the same situation as you, but i was 23 currently working for a bloke who is self employed, i basically got the funding
by saying i was doing an apprenticeship

Tom

There should be funding available for you, just visit the local FE college and they will advise. If you are told funding is not available then contact your local MP.

My immediate advice would be to get employment and start collecting evidence, in the form of photos, job reports, schedules and get them signed by your employer - this way you will have collected evidence enought to get you onto an ACS gas course if the NVQ3 doesn't work out. This evidence should later be useful for Accreditation of prior learning (APL), which will reduce the amount you have to do on the NVQ3, should you do it later.

Good luck with it.

Hello I was wondering whether anyone could help me as regards to funding for the nvq 3 in plumbing.

So heres the story. I managed to get my nvq 2 completed by the age of 18 and then got laid off soon after. After searching for other employers to get me through my level 3 I could not find any to give me a chance to work for them, let alone putting me through my level 3. So a year has gone by and I've managed to get the odd plumbing job whilst doing other work but nothing major. I have finally found someone who wants to put me through my level 3 so then I contact a nearby college (I'm 20). This course costs almost £6000!! Jesus! Why? because I'm in the 19 - 24 age bracket. I think this is so unfair as if I managed to get someone before my 19th birthday itd of been free. So because of being laid off and then the short time lapse before progressing to an nvq l 3 with a new employer I have to pay 6000 pounds. And apparently its the same everywherou go. How on earth can anyone between those ages raise 6000 pounds. I think the system is totally wrong. As we are in a recession I bet alot of guys are in my situation. This is most probably deterring people to continue in the field of plumbing and going back to some morrisons job. So we are losing crafts people to the government once more.

So I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas how to get on this course with some sort of funding?

Thanks for listening

Tom

sorry, its the government who sets the funding, not much anyone else can do im afriad

i know exactly where youre coming from mate, i was in the same position as you, i just turned 20 , level 2 dun level 3 dun water regs +unvented dun+ ACS dun, gas sfe register tomoz- it is possible(thats what i tell people), just keep your head down- theres alwaysssssssss someone out there to help, ask around if people will fund you for a lower wage e.t.c. theres always sumone outt there mate, head up and bang it out. good luck

try contacting JTL, they do apprenticeships and if you are over 19 they charge £1500 per year! worth a try!!

Clanger is correct. I am doing a L2 course at 41yo. Since I have no L2 qualifications my tutor fee is funded. This is with a FE College.

I have also been told by them, but cannot do it, that there is funding for people under 25 for their 1st L3 course.

I did read it somehwhere also on a website but cannot think of where, maybe Dorectgov will lead you to it but it should be available if you are under 25.

Good luck and let us know.

Cheers

Correct. I am sure the link on funding etc. which mentions L3 is on here, I cannot think what it is but a good search will find it I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nvq level 3 funding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock