Discuss NVQ Level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

Just wondering how many if any of the thousands of plumbers have got this qualification:

NVQ 2

According to Summit Skills you are not a fully qualified plumber without an NVQ 2 does this apply to the apprenticeships etc that old school plumbers have who have ex ammount of years in the industry!

If you have got an NVQ 2 is the only way to get it by being employed in the industry 24/7 or is there someone out there who has an NVQ 2 but does another job fulltime - bit confused as to what an NVQ gives you other than assessment. How could you be assessed on a job in a house if you did a full bathroom sweet over 2 weekends - Also if you can obtain it what are the costs?

Look forward to you replies

theres an answer to all your questions within the forums on you subject.

My understanding was that your a qualified plumber with a City & Guilds Technical Certificate 6129! That allows you to go out and be self employed and act as a plumber. I have also seen jobs advertised where they are asking for a city and guilds qualification

you dont need any quals to go out and be a plumber.
people ask for C&G's quals as they consider them the trade bench mark. they dont understand that there are now 2 quals at the same level. essentially the tc is only 75% of the full qual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ Level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock