Search the forum,

Discuss Numatic Henry v Numatic Charles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Riz

I've got to get a new vacuum cleaner and am seriously thinking about a Henry.

However I've read that it may be better off to get a Charles (wet and dry) as it's useful for plumbing work.

Now I'm not a pro plumber, but I do have a blockage in my heating system (downstairs radiators are lukewarm) so was wondering if that can be used to help unblock it?

Generally though is it work the extra £20?

Hi Riz
I have just replaced my George which has done hard work over a period of 20 years, with another George. Although I considered Charles the reason I went for the George was t make it possible to immediatly clean carpet should I have an unfortunate accident with a radiator or something. It is great for blockages and can be used without the solution tank for greater waste water capacity.
If the George is anything to go by the Charles will be a great machine

i would go for the wet henry or bill or whatever its name is,i killed my first henry sucking up water blew its little lungs apart and his eyes were filled with crosses GLUG GLUG was the last noise he made RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Thanks guys for your feedback. Order placed for a Charles from Amazon.

One thing though TMAX, being a lowly non-plumber, how do you remove a blockage with the hoover? Do you attach it to the drainage tap outside and suck it out?

Thanks!

Suck it and see!
Sorry I could n't resist that.
Seriously now. If the blockage is in drainage try to pull the blockage back from the direction it came. There have been times when the result has been instant after rodding and Sulphuric acid (one shot, bullet etc) have failed.
Set up all you need for cleaning your nice new George before start.
Blocages in heating circuits are best removed by powerflushing. Having said that I have never tried the George on Heating blockages. You may be onto something
George also great for clearing pipes that are full of water but cant be drained when you need to solder them

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of the first Henry's, when they were metal. It had a proper outlet so that you could attach the hose and use it to blow, very useful for servicing back-boilers!

Whether you go for Henry the third or Charles the second they are still the monarchs of the vacuum world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Numatic Henry v Numatic Charles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock