Search the forum,

Discuss now i have passed :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

well as i have now passed ive already got my first job lined up for a mate of mine in about 3-4 weeks depending on the builder. he has a budget of 1700 quid this includes labour. now as hes a mate i am prepared to take a little off to make it mates rates. anyway i was wondering what you lot reconed i should go for boiler wise. ive worked on valiant , worchesters and baxi wen i was working for my portfolio and although i will still be going out with my mentor 3 days a week ( as i belive i still have a lot to learn) this will be solo so dont want to overcomplcate matters. also i doubt ill be getting his trade discount.

its a 3 bedroom with a shower room. and the boiler is been moved into the new extension.

i was looking at
Baxi Megaflo 32 HE System Boiler

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Product Code:
5121345Baxi Megaflo 32 HE System Boiler Ref: 4357983798

Baxi Megaflo 32 HE System Boiler

• Height - 780mm
• Width - 450mm
• Depth - 345mm
• Sedbuk Rating - Band A
• Fully Modulating, Making it Suitable for a Wide Range of Applications
• 1m "Flying Lead" for Easy Electrical Connection
• Pre-Plumbing Jig
• Heat Output - 9.4-32kW
• 2 Year Parts and Labour Warranty

£666.92 Ex VAT
£783.63 Including VAT at 17.5% </B></B>

well over to you boys and girls.

thanks

What does the job include? Any new rads? Cylinder? Pipework Fittings, Gas run? anything we should know about to help you.

Oh and well done, keep at it everyday you will learn something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
32kw boiler - Are you sure this is the right size for the house, seems way over sized for a 3 bedroom house.

Don't forget to check out the cyclinder, controls, TRV's, etc - £1700 won't leave you with much profit if you have to replace this lot.

Good luck with it.

I have been installing a few of these recently, as a matter of fact fitting another 24kw tomorrow and do recommend them,

One question, how did you arrive at the 32kw, seems a bit on the 'big' side for what little info you have provided so far!

no rads trv rtc , pipe run is about 7 mtrs from the exisitng one, i went for 32 purley because ive fitted them before and its whin his budget i do not mind going for a lower model and learning something knew. ive said before this is where my learning really begins.

thanks for the replies so far.

Would be worth using the whole house boiler sizing wizard to work out the size of boiler required (sorry don't have a link on my iPhone, but you'll find it if you google it). How many rads does the property have?

Ps - remember to look at the cylinder to see if that meets the current standard too

Oh dear..... :(

I have fitted 44kw Boilers before but I won't put it in Grannys 2 bed flat.

Surely if you are fresh out of schooling (with regards to the ACS), you should know how to size up a House and use the 'correct' sized appliances!

Oh dear..... :(

I have fitted 44kw Boilers before but I won't put it in Grannys 2 bed flat.

Surely if you are fresh out of schooling (with regards to the ACS), you should know how to size up a House and use the 'correct' sized appliances!

am fully aware how to size a house , PART L1 . EEDH , i was trying to ask what the more experinced members would go for.compared to a novice like me. it has 9 rads

thanks

Well the boiler seems to have a positive feed back

I would have thought the 24 would do the job but see they do a 28 as well maybe could go for that one,gives them leeway if any extensions on dormers done in future and with to days boilers and their modulation capabilities,being a bit over seized is not the issue that it was,the main thing here is the savings on the purchase price
I do not know size of house but when you are starting out,it is good to do the sizing as you go along so you gain the experience of what is needed
I have seen a lot of over sizing on system boilers as some plumbers get used to the size of boiler they use as regarding combi's,which of course they are putting the large outputs in for the instant hot water requirement not the heating,once this instant hot water requirement is removed the size of boiler required for the same property obviously shrinks quite considerably
As regards fitting,as said,I have not fitted this boiler but would have thought fitting a 24,28 or 32 would more or less be the same
Hope it all goes ok bod :)

Dependant on how the house is insulated, double glazed, etc and how the whole house sizes up I would be inclined to go for an 18kw. What does it have now?

With regard to fitting, once you have done 1 baxi boiler the others are practically the same as are the potty and mains

Dependant on how the house is insulated, double glazed, etc and how the whole house sizes up I would be inclined to go for an 18kw. What does it have now?

With regard to fitting, once you have done 1 baxi boiler the others are practically the same as are the potty and mains

cani remember what it has now exactly but i remember it came in as a cat d. it not insulated aprt from the loft space, with pitched roof.

have they stopped doing the little blue book. mines a 2005 16 edt i think i can find ones to d/l but wanted one to put in the filling cabinet in the van ? :)

OMG a 32kw System Boiler for a 3 bed house!

Now that is just crazy!

A 24kw should be sufficient, maybe even that's too much.

Your working on a fixed price of £1700 so you need to choose your materials carefully.

There's no point paying over the odds and earning very little, even though you might think your not fully experienced. You might complete this install and earn very little, thinking I'll make more on the next job, but it doesn't always work like that.

Do some more research, don't guess on Boiler sizing or pipe sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to now i have passed :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock