Discuss Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the leak is from cracked grout/wobbly tiles it should be a simple fix. Cut silicone out, cut offending grout out, remove wobbly tiles, remove tile adhesive, pva offending area, re tile, return to regroup & silicone, get paid & never call him again.

Not pva, never pva.

awful plumbing, kinked flexi, which will burst idc.

silicone everywhere, an utter mess, no need for that at all

pay any material costs and make him sling his hook. He cant remove goods, criminal damage let him go to court, you can use another plumber to do the work and let a judge decide if further costs due, have a chat with citizens advice.

The hemp board is responsible for cracks in tiling as it is unstable background. PVA good for dry areas but breaks down in wet conditions. Only come across hemp board once and that was Shotley is that where you are.

The amount of water showing on that video suggests to me that it's leaking pipe work from diverter valve to shower head outlet, either way he's had enough chances to rectify, get someone else

The hemp board is responsible for cracks in tiling as it is unstable background. PVA good for dry areas but breaks down in wet conditions. Only come across hemp board once and that was Shotley is that where you are.

No, I'm in Ipswich but same side of the town as Shotley. Any suggestions? Rebuild the wall with stud work? or could you leave the wall in place and plaster board over then tile to that?

The amount of water showing on that video suggests to me that it's leaking pipe work from diverter valve to shower head outlet, either way he's had enough chances to rectify, get someone else

That was our first thought, but the water in the video, the really bad waterfall is on the back wall and there is no water pipe there.
Divertor is in the loft with two copper pipes coming out. one you can see ending with a joint that attaches to the bath fill. The other existing through a tile into the shower pipe/head. This I suppose could be leaking if the cracked grout is not the cause.

Some plumbers can tile, some tilers can plumb. This is a case of the inexperienced meeting the unexpected. With modern powershowers even plaster can not be relied on. Do not waste money trying to make good existing. Rip out and start again. What you pay is between you and the plumber but as other have said even plumbing is defective. As a minimum, fix 13mm tilebacker board to wall prior to tiling. Screw to studs, not hemp.

Some plumbers can tile, some tilers can plumb. This is a case of the inexperienced meeting the unexpected. With modern powershowers even plaster can not be relied on. Do not waste money trying to make good existing. Rip out and start again. What you pay is between you and the plumber but as other have said even plumbing is defective. As a minimum, fix 13mm tilebacker board to wall prior to tiling. Screw to studs, not hemp.

The Hemp board doesn't have studs to screw to, so are you saying a wall replacement is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock