Discuss Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like slagging people off, but that's **** poor work
That flexi looks like a 1/2" x 15mm comp, with the parralel thread of the comp end being used as 1/2" MI
From what you've shown, I doubt I would pay either
If the tiles are loose as well, it would be better to strip it all out and start again

So it's your choice, if you're not happy & you can find someone else to do the work (I wouldn't) negotiate with him his fee less whoever agrees to fix it.

Or, let him try again

Or DIY

Or court. If you genuinely feel you've got a case to dispute then go to court.

I don't seen any other options

what town are you in?

I'm in Ipswich.

So you would suggest letting them come back, detailing out an issues list and letting them try again?
They have been back 6 times already to try and fix the leak, and each time more silicone is being used, and the job is getting more messy. You have seen the amount of Silicone and silicone residue on the shower screen. I asked for this to be cleaned as he has removed the shower screen multiple times to reseal it.

DIY isn't an option, I know my limits and plumbing a strong one.

Court, well if I have to, but would rather not.

I'm thinking another person to fix the issues. Then minus the cost of replacements/fixing from the bill, then paying him the balance.

The point that Rocket was making was pertinent. The photos look like they are of quite an old installation. Has this dispute been going on for a long time?

Work started on the 7th December this year the last visit was on the 21st December when the second leak started.
I'm worried your thinking/seeing these as used or old parts, everything is brand new.

What sort of bath tap/shower mixer have you got, looks like some sort mixing valve mounted on the bath, if that's the case then that is what could be leaking when shower is being run and not the silicon joint
That's just speculation as you haven't posted a pic of the bath tap etc

What sort of bath tap/shower mixer have you got, looks like some sort mixing valve mounted on the bath, if that's the case then that is what could be leaking when shower is being run and not the silicon joint
That's just speculation as you haven't posted a pic of the bath tap etc

Yes, sorry, I have an Aqualisa Quartz Digital with Bath filler. So there are no taps it comes out of the overflow to fill the bath with a processing unit in the loft and a diverter to control the switch between bath fill and shower.
Leak I believe is not silicone related but more to do with the cracked grout and wobbling tiles. Although I was told that your should always fill a bath before using silicone to see the bath to the tiles. This was not done.

Id do a list in writing of what you what fixed/cleaned etc.

Then he knows exactly what you're not happy with in writing

Tell him he's got 1 last chance to sort the list out. Tell him you're not paying if anything leaks or the list isn't complete. You're being reasonable there.

If he doesn't agree tell him you're see him in court & then close verbal contact.

As for another person to rectify, he'll need to agree.

How much does he want for materials? Maybe pay that if reasonable & with a list from him. Then it's a labour dispute.

What's he saying about the bent flexi? There's no excuse for that.

You need to decide if you think he's serious about court.

Most decent people know if they've done a good job or not. Maybe he's bluffing, who knows. Maybe tell him you think court is the best option??

Yes, sorry, I have an Aqualisa Quartz Digital with Bath filler. So there are no taps it comes out of the overflow to fill the bath with a processing unit in the loft and a diverter to control the switch between bath fill and shower.
Leak I believe is not silicone related but more to do with the cracked grout and wobbling tiles. Although I was told that your should always fill a bath before using silicone to see the bath to the tiles. This was not done.

If the leak is from cracked grout/wobbly tiles it should be a simple fix. Cut silicone out, cut offending grout out, remove wobbly tiles, remove tile adhesive, pva offending area, re tile, return to regroup & silicone, get paid & never call him again.

Small cracks can suck a seemingly disproportionate amount of water, its called capillary action. What is the background for the tiles, as this may be the starting point for rectification. Shower screen should not be sealed internally as water entering between glass and frame needs exit path.

Small cracks can suck a seemingly disproportionate amount of water, its called capillary action. What is the background for the tiles, as this may be the starting point for rectification. Shower screen should not be sealed internally as water entering between glass and frame needs exit path.

Shower screen according to fitter should always be sealed inside and outside, when I asked the manufacturer as fitter suggested this was the cause of the leak, they said exactly the same, so he returned, removed and refitted screen. Trouble is each removal and refitting of the screen now amounts to about 4 times, and each time the silicone residue is building up and now making it look a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock