Discuss Noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xiteex

I am living in a first floor flat, in the bathroom is a large pipe that runs from upstairs kitchen/bathroom down to ours and then outside, this pipe is very noisy when upstairs use their water/flush their toilet, I have never heard such a noisy pipe before. The noise is caused by the actual falling of the water/waste rather than the pipe itself. Why would it be so loud? Is there anything that could be done to minimise the noise?

Many thanks

we are not hearing it so???

could you box around and insulate the pipe with fibreglass/rockwool or similar?

welcome along

As said, insulate with Insulation then box in with the sound proof plaster boards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
Back