Search the forum,

Discuss noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi lads

Fitted a boiler last year open vented pot gold heat only.

customer called me today said there was a loud noise coming from the boiler.

upon inspection the boiler was ok but there was a noise akin to water hammer, put a screwdriver to the flow pipe and it was vibrating....

went upstairs vented rads- loads of air in most of them.

noise stopped and f& e was filling up and was full of water

thought all ok had a quick chat with customer

put case back on boiler and thought i'd check one last time- put heating back on
and sure enough same noise just not as loud

went back upstairs and there was air again in the rads upstairs.....

to me its pulling air but the cold feed can't be blocked as the rads vented fine.....

any ideas

cheers

How are the cold feed and vent connected and where is the pump in relation to them...You can have a partial blockage between the feed and vent and depending where the pump is it can pull air down the vent. Just a thought..

Check for baked sludge build up around the neutral point on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo cylinder. When the boiler starts in the morning, the radiators start to warm up ok, but this is accompanied by a loud whining of the pipes attached to the...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock