Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tarah

Hello, I live in a multi occupancy building and when the flat beneath me uses their water there is a lot of noise in my flat. My landlord has reduced the flow of water but I'm still woken in the early hours. This is a problem that has been around for a few months. It was OK before then. Does anyone have any ideas on how to eliminate this noise. Thank you for any suggestions.

Can u describe the noise and at when it happens (ie if your flat mate flushes the loo etc)

If it sounds like a plane is taking off in your flat it may be his ball valve in the loo. If it sounds like banging it could be unclipped pipes somewhere but there are other things it could be, has there been any work done recently in his flat etc?

What about a clicking noise coming from pipes when heating is on. Click click click

Can u describe the noise and at when it happens (ie if your flat mate flushes the loo etc)

It probably sounds like a lot of water moving very fast. It happens when the flat below me use their loo and shower or wash basin.

Thanks for answering. I am not aware of any work done recently. It doesn't sound like a plane or banging just a lot of rushing water.

Does the flat below you have a macerater to pump there waste water? Could be that making the noise.

Id speak to the person in the flat below and do a few tests find out whats making the noises first.

But then the people below will be complaining about the snoring.

Can the neighbour below hear the noise or is it only you?

But then the people below will be complaining about the snoring.

Can the neighbour below hear the noise or is it only you?
I believe it is just me. I was told that all the pipes are located above or around my studio and all the water passes by my studio first.

Try opening the stopcock fully. I had a customer with a similar problem the other day, he had turned the stopcock off for some reason but hadn't realised that he had only turned it on halfway. As soon as I opened it up the noise disappeared. As the incoming water supply passes you first, this could well be the cause.

Try opening the stopcock fully. I had a customer with a similar problem the other day, he had turned the stopcock off for some reason but hadn't realised that he had only turned it on halfway. As soon as I opened it up the noise disappeared. As the incoming water supply passes you first, this could well be the cause.
Thanks Paulus. I will pass this on to my landlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo cylinder. When the boiler starts in the morning, the radiators start to warm up ok, but this is accompanied by a loud whining of the pipes attached to the...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the pipes next to the bathroom but not when I use the water in my flat but whenever my neighbour does who lives below me. Everyone got disconnected from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock