Discuss noisy mixer bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Suzie Laws

We have just put in a new bathroom, the sink now has a mixer tap which when turned on makes a hell of a din all over the house. Help? Its driving me potty.

Is it a vibrating hum on the Basin tap..Are they standard wind down tap heads or quarter turn..?

Are they Franke taps by any chance?

Have you got ballofixes on the pipework (chrome isolating valves). sometimes if there's high pressure they can make a loud velocity noise..

Yes . there is solating valves on the taps. We have tried turning the pressure down on the cold with the valve didn'thelp . really don't want to change the tap as it matches the bath taps.!

Using the valve to throttle the flow will increase the noise. Swap them out for some full bore isolation valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to noisy mixer bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
Back