Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Noisy boiler (Rubbish Ferroli HE18) in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Karl1980

Karl1980 New Member

I have probably one of the worst boilers you could have (not my fault, blame the home developer!)

It's a Ferroli Optimax HE18s.
    We are getting a really loud vibrating noise when the hot water comes on.

But if I switch the boiler off then on again and stops straight away and carries on like nothing has happened.
    Anyone have any ideas?

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You will likely need a gas safe engineer out to have a look but I really wouldn’t be throwing any money at that boiler

3. Dake205

Dake205 Member

Don’t know the boiler but size suggests it’s system boiler so to me it should have the same issue doing central heating if not then it’s more likely to be something external

4. Karl1980

Karl1980 New Member

Possibly, I've recently changed my water to come on 2 times throughout the day and not sure if it's a coincidence but it seems to happen when the water comes on. It did happen to from time to time when it was on constant so was never sure if it was the heating kicking in or not? However, it still is only every now and then it happens and not every time the water comes on?

5. Gasman

Gasman GSR

Ferroli are terrible boilers. I bought a new build few years back and they had fitted them in there good luck

6. Dake205

Dake205 Member

Like everything else you get what you pay for, they’re a budget boiler and I once went to a noisy ferroli and when contacting technical they suggested that there wasn’t any or enough inhibitor in system, added inhibitor and no complaint after