Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Noise when running hot taps and shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cruddace

Hi - last couple of days noticed loud noise starts when turn hot water and shower on. Not the pipes banging as heard this before. Any ideas what could be causing it
thanks

Do you have open vented hot water with a cylinder you need to heat up before you get hot water- i.e. the old fashioned system, not a combi or an unvented cylinder?
If so the likely culprit is the float valve in your cold water storage tank.
Simple enough job for a plumber if access is OK, not so simple if you're doing it yourself and don't have experience of such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise when running hot taps and shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock