Search the forum,

Discuss No insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Following on from a similar ish thread by villa Tom.
I got a letter a few weeks back from my van insurers wanting to know why I hadnt renewed my policy on April 6th, der............ I didnt renew it because I didnt realise it was chuffin due. Cue heart attack. Nearly 3 weeks without insurance.
Within a 1.5 mile radius of our house there are 3 very similar addresses, spenfield court, springfield court and spendfield court, the renewal obviously went to another address.

jeeezzz I dont think that would have stood up in court, beware lads.

Most companies usually just carry it on unless you tell them not to.

You are right millsy , admiral van dont lol

Is that Gladiator? That's who I'm with, I believe Admiral don't actually do commercial insurance - their sister company however is Gladiator - who do. Well that's what they told me.

Yep i think you are right mark , we used to have herin doors's car with admiral , its a bit worrying that if a letter goes missing and you genuinely forget , you aint insured . When I renewed ,at least they asked for my email address so hopefully it shouldnt happen again.

Do you pay your yearly premium in one? I pay by montly direct debit. That way I see it come out every month and (presumably) can take that to mean I am insured.

my brother drove around 9 months without insurance. He gave his credit card details over the phone to insurance company for full payment and the payment never got processed correctly. He only found out when trying to pay his road tax.

My brother never noticed the payment did not show up on his card or not certificate was sent through. dohnut.

Same thing happened here was on holiday when tax & mot ran out on van and employee was working away in it oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock