Discuss No hot water upstairs in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

You are getting hot water downstairs with a hot tap only opened but not upstairs with a hot tap only opened, if the hot tap flow upstairs for whatever reason is less than 2.5 to 3 LPM then a flow switch in the combi will stop it firing, see how long it takes to fill a 1 litre jug/bottle.

You are getting hot water downstairs with a hot tap only opened but not upstairs with a hot tap only opened, if the hot tap flow upstairs for whatever reason is less than 2.5 to 3 LPM then a flow switch in the combi will stop it firing, see how long it takes to fill a 1 litre jug/bottle.
It’s filling a 1L bottle in 0.8.36?

Attachments

• 3986619F-6CA3-4E00-8A05-3BA80BD00F4B.jpeg
    3986619F-6CA3-4E00-8A05-3BA80BD00F4B.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 14
Iv just discovered if you put the heating on while running upstairs tap and shower it works fine? Or I may be coincidence but it wasn’t working 2 minute before I tried that

It’s filling a 1L bottle in 0.8.36?
That's >
Iv just discovered if you put the heating on while running upstairs tap and shower it works fine? Or I may be coincidence but it wasn’t working 2 minute before I tried that
Switch off the C heating but leave both the hot tap and the shower on and see if water still hot, the tap alone at > 7 LPM should keep the flow switch very happy but it may be faulty, also measure the hot tap flow rate downstairs only but all upstairs shut down.

That's >

Switch off the C heating but leave both the hot tap and the shower on and see if water still hot, the tap alone at > 7 LPM should keep the flow switch very happy but it may be faulty, also measure the hot tap flow rate downstairs only but all upstairs shut down.
No mates it’s not hot now Iv turned it off

I’ll get flow rate in morning bud,

yes hot water down is fine with out central heating. But Iv been told to put the heating on for 20 min and check all radiators and one in my boys bedroom upstairs doesn’t get hot.

i went to turn it off and thought I’d check pressure first, it was on 2 and the needle was shaking all over as soon as I turned dial to turn heating off it went straight back down to 1.5?

Reply to No hot water upstairs in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock