Discuss no hot water in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timefor_t

I have re-tiled a shower enclosure for a client who is now telling me that there is no longer any hot water coming through, although there is hot water in the basin and the bath which are also both in the same room. When put the cold tap on in the basin and turn the shower on the pressure reduces in the basin so I know that the cold is on the same system.
I had to remove the old tiles and the thermostat mixer tap and replace the tiles. However there is now no hot water. The mixer is a hansgrohe Ibox.
Is there anything I could have done to have caused this?
The attached picture shows the mixer plus the on/off control. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• hansgrohe_mixer.jpg
    hansgrohe_mixer.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 18
I wonder if there wasn't hot water before you started the job and now they're blaming you? Or have you put the mixer on the wrong way round?

I should've tested the shower before but all I did was take the control knob off. I cant see any other way for it to go back on.

Is it possible that you can isolate the hot and cold water supplies to the shower (should have isolators) remove the cartridge and then turn on the hot isolator (a little) to see if there is hot flowing.

If there is then it is the cartridge and the customer then should pay for a new one, no doubt, there'll be an argument. If no hot water then need to look a little further.

I don't see it being your fault though. However, thats the problem with customers. I think you'll be out of pocket whatever on this one though. Even if its just time.

sounds like they are having you on here or you are unlucky

May be the cartridge has failed

~I suppose you could walk away saying i only took it off and put it back on but they may bite bavk

Is it still in warranty

Is hot water getting to it?

I went there today and a builder friend checked to see if the pump was working which it is and afterwards I found that the hot water in the shower is working again. However, when we turned the temporature control it didnt become cold. The only way of controlling the temperature was through the basin taps - turn the hot on, the shower gets cool, turn the cold on the shower gets hot. Bit strange this one. There must be some sort of blockage somewhere. I think client will have to get a plumber in.
By the way,sorry for being stupid but what is a cartridge ?

The cartridge regulates the temperature of the water, turn the the temp up less cold water, turn the temp down more cold water.

Depends on the make/model of the shower depends how you change it and the cost involved in replacing it. If your able to control the temp to the shower by the basin then I would think its on a combi boiler and your adjusting the flow to the shower, by playing with the taps.

If I was called to this and it had been causing problems I would go for the cartridge straight away.

If you've taken off the controls and just put them on again and its the only way they can go on, there is no way you could have broken it.

If there is an airlock and you've not played with it how could you have created it?

I would think the cartridge will cost ÂŁ80+ ish. At the risk of being blunt, not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock