Discuss no hot water in bath or shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kowalski181

hello
very strange probelm. had bath last night which has just been fitted and have mixer shower also, perfectly fine both hot. wife then went in and no hot water, same on bathroom tap also
unfortunaely same thing this morngin have Worcester Combi Gas Boiler Greenstar 30cdi boiler fitted last year always worked fine on e setting for water, so changed to number 4 and hot water for sink came on but still nothing for shower and bath, anyone have any ideas?

I take it you are implying it is an intermittent fault?

If so I would suggest checking the flow switch on the Combi (Registered technicians job only)

ive bled a radiator this evenig that was ice cold and the presuure seems to have dropped to just above 1 on boiler after iswitched back on. the presuure increased a bit after i turned the pressure valve and quite a bit of water came out, but the water carried on coming for about 30 seconds so i decided to stop it and turn it in. i dont think i realised last night that the whole house appears to have been affected. it now seems to come on hot then go off then go back on.
its very strange

Hello - newbie here

I've got a similar problem.
I'm currently fitting a new bathroom in my mates house.
Basically - all i have done so far is turned the water off (Combi boiler) and installed a replacement mixer shower (dead easy job - straight onto the existing 15mm copper pipes)
Turned the water back on & the following day - my mate complained that the water in the bathroom was "just warm"
but, in the kitchen & the utilty room - the hot water in there seems to be a lot hotter.

Has the new shower done this ? (personally i don't think so - I think its just a coincidence)

anyone got any thoughts?

David

PS - new shower not operational yet - as i haven't tiled it

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a PRV on the cold to balance the pressures.

Hello - newbie here

I've got a similar problem.
I'm currently fitting a new bathroom in my mates house.
Basically - all i have done so far is turned the water off (Combi boiler) and installed a replacement mixer shower (dead easy job - straight onto the existing 15mm copper pipes)
Turned the water back on & the following day - my mate complained that the water in the bathroom was "just warm"
but, in the kitchen & the utilty room - the hot water in there seems to be a lot hotter.

Has the new shower done this ? (personally i don't think so - I think its just a coincidence)

anyone got any thoughts?

David

PS - new shower not operational yet - as i haven't tiled it
Hi
is the shower thermostatic if so have you fitted the hot and cold into the correct positions hot will be marked with red normally on the left
or it may need to be set up read the book should tell you how to commision

I take you mean to fit the pressure reducing valves on the shower? (hot & cold)

There are 2 x gate valves under the floor.
I haven't touched them.

So - question now is - Will the bath & basin temperatures be affected with the shower turned off ?

David

ive emptied the condensation bit from my boiler that had loads of bits of stuff in and clogged up with water and things have improved significantly, pressure is just above 1 though. will this be affecting the hot water inconsistencies throughout the house? central heating better than ever at bled radiator today
on the subject of increasing pressure on the worcester 30 si, when i turn the valve key there is quite a bit of water that comes out and it didnt stop after about half minute so i stopped it. is this normal?
cheers

I got to the bottom of my problem.

Basically - on the mixer - the Non Return Valve on the hot side was stuck open - and the cold water was feeding into the hot pipes. Sending a false signal back to the combi boiler. The gas man replaced thermistors on the combi - no difference. Then they took the heat exchanger out & cleaned it. It was then that they noticed cold water was coming out the hot taps in the kitchen when the hot was capped off at the boiler.

It was a complete pain - as i had to dig a big hole in the wall to remove the mixer valve (concreted in)
I cleaned it out, got it working - and for back up, i fitted a 15mm in-line compression non return valve under the floor boards.

all fine now.......
:rolleyes:
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water in bath or shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock