Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water from combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

egibberate

Hi,
My mother had a Greenstar 24i junior wall hung gas fired consensing combination boiler fitted last November. This morning she rang me because it wasn't providing any hot water to both the taps and the radiators. There was zero water pressure showing on the gauge so I opened the valve till the gauge read one and a quarter bar.
The blue (mains on/off indicator & fault diagnostic light) is flahing once every second. I have had several attempts at resetting it using the fault reset button.
Still no hot water. The burner on indicator indicator light is not lighting up.

I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has any idea what could be wrong.

if you have successfully managed to reset it and it's not firing, my best guess without more info would be faulty flow switch?

IF AT FIRST U DON'T SUCCEED, REMOVE ALL EVIDENCE YOU EVER TRIED

turn off boiler at mains ,leave for 30 secs,switch on ,see how you go on

Could this not be air in the boiler? don't know too much about it but should he not see if the automatic air valve is open?

seems everybody is guessing here, whats needed is to look at the evidence and analyse whats wrong through a simple process of elimination and thats what a worcester engineer will do if you call them out as the boiler is still under warranty, and the tech desk will carry out simple checks with the user prior to releasing their engineer. back to basics everyone and life can be simple and stress free

if someone else can fix it for free, I get to do the service when its due, for being such a nice lad and not ripping them off, simplees

Thank you everyone,
I've rang technical support & they told me I've done everything that they would have advised me to do.
There's a fault & they're sending an engineer out (free of charge) immediately because my elderly mother has no hot water.
Can't fault them to be honest.
Thanks again.

The engineer replaced the faulty fan.
Result :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water from combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All! I hope you can give me some advise. I had combi boiler (Viessman vitodens 100-w 30kW) installed about half year ago. Recently I start hearing one single bang when hot water is opened at any of taps around house. It sound like someone in other room will knock a radiator (not relly loud...
Replies
Views
having a few issues with my boiler. worcester bosch greenstar 28i. has been serviced every year. last serviced in jan. i moved into this property in feb. been experiencing these issues since feb but in the past month has gotten much worse. so radiators work fine they all heat up. the combi...
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months ago (c.2 months) my Baxi combi boiler had an issue where the hot water would go hot and cold on a regular cycle; it would get hot, then cool down, then...
Replies
Views
Hi all. was wondering if anyone knew why my hot water is not working on Worcester Greenstar 25Si . sequence of events: I removed a radiator for decorating , shutting of valves etc then repressurised the boiler back up to 1.5. All seemed to be working . I turned off water overnight. Next day I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I live in a 9yr old 3 story townhouse with showers on the 1st and 2nd floor, a bath on the 1st and toilets and basins on all three floors. I've never been very happy with my shower and tap water pressures but have only recently investigated the issue. The house has an unvented indirect...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock