Discuss No heat from radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benunited

Hi folks. Yesterday I removed a radiator as we're re-doing our bathroom.

I cut back the pipes underneath the floorboards, added connectors and moved the pipes to the new positions.

I then capped the pipes as I'm not ready to add the new radiator just yet.

Trouble is there's now no heat going to the other radiators - and it's rather cold!!

I've bled all the radiators, allowing just a little water out of each. Heating system was off, now back on but still no heat.

Any advice much appreciated!!

Thanks

Ben

Thanks for the reply. See, this is where I end up out of my depth - no idea what kind of system I have. How can I tell?

the two pipes you cut were they joined together under the floor? i'm wondering whether you have a one pipe system.

do you have a hot water cylinder ? have you 2 cold water cisterns ? maybe in the loft ? a big one and a small one ?

No, the pipes i cut back had been going to either side of the radiator. Thanks!

Same as steveb you may have a one pipe system, try linking the two pipes together!

Did you say your boiler is back on ? are any of the pipes getting hot ?

Thanks for all the replies! Boiler is on and I've got hot water from taps.

I've a hot water cylinder in a cupboard and the pipes around it are very hot. In my loft I have a small and a large cold water tank and both have water in them.

Edit that. Small tank in the loft has hot water in it (should it?)

is your pump running ? have you a timer for heating and hot water ? put it on for heating only if poss and turn your room stat up then tell us what happens

is your pump running ? have you a timer for heating and hot water ? put it on for heating only if poss and turn your room stat up then tell us what happens

Pump certainly sounds like it's running. Hot water has been off and heating has been on all day. Don't have a room stat, just thermostatic valves on radiators.

could be an air lock or blockage, can you put pics up so that we can see if you have any two port valves,these maybe just after your pump and could be faulty

also have you bled the pump ? there will/ should be a big screw on the end, get a bowl or rag and undo it to let the air out, but be careful as the water will be very hot, might be a good idea when your system is cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heat from radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock