Discuss No flow through rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Bad day today.
I've been to a job on a vented heating system with no heat (poor flow) in downstairs rads, well all over really.
I bled a little air from manual vent, checked the 3-port was motoring, roughly balanced lockshields and checked pump was spinning.
no luck

I isolated all but one rad and still no/very little flow in some areas.
Removed pump and checked/cleaned veins on impeller and checked F&E tank.
no luck

I tried flushing flow and return through individual rads (with and without vent capped)
no luck

I can flush to hot both ways water is clean and flow open ended is reasonable (10mm) but when I reconnect and run theres no flow.

Ive shut bypass and can feel heat traveling up pipes at a reasonable rate but must be poor flow due to blockage (air or debury)

Cant think what else to do short of stripping off 3-port to check ports free and temporarily 'pressurising' system to flush with mains pressure.

Am I missing a trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No flow through rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock