Search the forum,

Discuss New website... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, what did it cost you? and management fee?

looking at your prices mine need to go up!!

get you mitts out yer pockets, it makes you look lazy, seriously!

prices emergency and emergency arent v clear as to when it costs 60 an hour, ie are you 50 an hour or 60 an hour , show what a combo service llc costs.

the only outfitters Ive come across are those that sell kids school uniforms, most folks use kitchen fitters, may be wrong. shrink your services page, people wont scan all the way down to find things, have it all on view so they can click on what they want, you only get a 20 second look before they move on to someone else unless you grab them.

bin the Mrs, she looks nice and distracts you fm why your there, no one believes she works the tools :) get your van on display, proves you invest in your tools etc

Looks really tidy mate. Assume you noticed on services that you need to add more wording? Or maybe that's just how it comes up on my phone. It says "Central Heating
Click here to add your own text and edit me." Apart from that really good. I'll get mine sorted out and for review soon

Lots of positives with your site, easy to navigate. Only thing that I would criticise is the bold white text on the orange background. It's too in your face and difficult to focus on.
other than that looks good.
my wife is in marketing and says the background keeps centring itself, when scrolling. This is distracting.

I had to put my prices as that as the guy who taught me charged more and he is passing all his clients on to me as he scales down. Also, that is what most people charge in my area are

get you mitts out yer pockets, it makes you look lazy, seriously!

prices emergency and emergency arent v clear as to when it costs 60 an hour, ie are you 50 an hour or 60 an hour , show what a combo service llc costs.

the only outfitters Ive come across are those that sell kids school uniforms, most folks use kitchen fitters, may be wrong. shrink your services page, people wont scan all the way down to find things, have it all on view so they can click on what they want, you only get a 20 second look before they move on to someone else unless you grab them.

bin the Mrs, she looks nice and distracts you fm why your there, no one believes she works the tools :) get your van on display, proves you invest in your tools etc

A friend of my wifes said that as it says familt business, we should have a picture of the two of us on it. Hehe, my wife is sad she needs to be binned!!! Thanks for all the advice. It is still very much a work in progress

Looks good. Why is an emergency call out £60 during normal hours when a standard first hour is £50 at the same time. Surely they are the same thing? Other than that it all looks very nice.

It cost me a skills swop. I do the plumbing for a little kitchen and that is all. A friend of a friend kind of thing.

Domain name for 5yrs was £70
For my web mail £2 a month
Wix premium account £6

So not bad at all I believe

Put your prices up! or don't show them. Showing the world your prices may cause you more harm than good. I thought Surrey was expensive, I charge more in t'Yorkshire.

Whats the lad doing with a pair of grips to the radiator!

If you have a photo of a shiny brushed stainless outside tap, one day someone will expect you to supply one! Only show the pic if you can provide it.

'Washing Machine and Dishwasher installations' Capital I on installations to match the rest?

Looks good though and can't see any spelling mistakes.

Your bird looks good too!
i

mine was a rad install in a bedroom, when my nipper wanted a website he got quoted £15k, they dont normally do websites, more software and background for radio 1 n 2 . It took the guy around and hour and a half!!!

Lots of positives with your site, easy to navigate. Only thing that I would criticise is the bold white text on the orange background. It's too in your face and difficult to focus on.
other than that looks good.
my wife is in marketing and says the background keeps centring itself, when scrolling. This is distracting.

Thanks, my wife has been playing around with it tonight and we just left it on the white background. We weren't really sure what background to choose so we shall have another play around tomorrow. Will look into the background also. :)

Looks good. Why is an emergency call out £60 during normal hours when a standard first hour is £50 at the same time. Surely they are the same thing? Other than that it all looks very nice.

Well spotted. I shall ask the wife to fix this asap. It is still a work in progress. It is amzing how people notice different things a

Put your prices up! or don't show them. Showing the world your prices may cause you more harm than good. I thought Surrey was expensive, I charge more in t'Yorkshire.

Whats the lad doing with a pair of grips to the radiator!

If you have a photo of a shiny brushed stainless outside tap, one day someone will expect you to supply one! Only show the pic if you can provide it.

'Washing Machine and Dishwasher installations' Capital I on installations to match the rest?

Looks good though and can't see any spelling mistakes.

Your bird looks good too!
i

Thanks mate, my bird is AWESOME!!!

I was thinking of that shiny tap, how I have never come across one before. I will eventually have all my own pics on there. All the ones I have so far are taken with a phone so are not decent enough for the site. So will have to buy a nice camera as am sure my wife won't let me take hers

Looks really tidy mate. Assume you noticed on services that you need to add more wording? Or maybe that's just how it comes up on my phone. It says "Central Heating
Click here to add your own text and edit me." Apart from that really good. I'll get mine sorted out and for review soon

The wife has just told me that the services page is still under construction. She is going to work on it tomorrow night.

Excited to see yours then feller. No place better to have it scrutinised than here a

I wanted to say something constructive but seems everyone has said everything that needs to be said.
So just to say I looked too and agree with other comments.
Esp about price - I think your prices are low so perhaps that is what you are aiming for.
In general I would avoid putting prices on a website.
Or just advertise one or two - ie call out rate.

Presumeably you give a fixed price quotation in writing for most things which people really want rather than an hourly rate.

I really liked it, thought it was clear and easy to navigate for even someone who is a total internet eejit (me).

I guess as someone said above you are looking to add more text to the boxes where it says click to edit? But apart from that I liked it.

Trying to get one sorted now, and it is totally doing my head! Getting to the point where I am losing interest in what it looks like!

I know what you mean Leek mines been a shell to populate for yonks. I've thrown some really rough stuff into it. Maybe I'll throw it into this thread the abuse may inspire me to do more :)

Haha Riley!

I think maybe part of it is that I dont really know much about internet stuff so it really bores me, I think if it interested me a bit more then I might focus - guess we will all have to have one eventually, people seem to like them. But not now, the football is on....:)

Priorities. That's the key Leek :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New website... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have opened a website now how can I get customers from now on
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
I have TemCon balancing valves fitted on my sits and a questions been asked whether these require servicing. Can't find much info on the manufacturer website so can anyone confirm if they do and if so what level of service is required?
Replies
Views
Where to source this type of toilet seat from ? Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now and was a french type one. Are the obsolete now, and only top or bottom connection fixings exist or are they source from a website possibly.? Any...
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock