Discuss New taps, poor flow rate in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

It’s not that they shouldn’t be sold, it’s just that people shouldn’t buy them if their water system is not suitable.
Using a decent plumber will avoid this.

This is what's specced in the manual.
View attachment 75826
Seems like they're not suitable the based on your and @snowhead replies.

@snowhead out of interest is there and easy way to calculate the approximate pressure coming from a CW loft tank and also from a HW cylinder? Would avoid me making this mistake again in future.
On a set up like this I only ever give the option of a 0.2 tap there are actually loads out there.

Using a decent plumber will avoid this.
That's the problem I have been having, trying to find a "decent plumber" especially when moving out of area.
Of course i also suspect many of these taps have been fitted as a DIY job, my "new" house seems to have suffered 15 years of assorted botchery from the previous.

Reply to New taps, poor flow rate in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in...
Replies
Views
The previous mixer tap developed a leak. I ordered an exact replacement. The hot &cold tails were too short so I had to replumb the water...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock