Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss New member seeking apprenticeship. in the New Member Introductions area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Carlo Cappalonga

Carlo Cappalonga New Member

Hello all,

I'm Carlo, 30, Essex currently studying C&G 6035 Level 2 in Plumbing Studies and seeking an apprenticeship to start in June.

2. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Best of luck Carlo, you are a bit old to start an apprenticeship as there will be no funding available for you to train.
    I would think your best bet would be to go see as many local firms as you can, to see if you could start as a plumbers mate & learn that way.
    Are you close enough to travel into London as much more work in the smoke?

3. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Where are you studying ?

4. Carlo Cappalonga

New City College in Epping. Looking to finish the practicals on June 22nd and the Scientific Principles exam on July 3rd.

5. Carlo Cappalonga

Yes I'm close to Epping station and drive my own car so commuting isn't an issue. I've been applying for plumbers and pipefitters mate jobs but to no avail currently. I'm also taking the tests for a CSCS Labourer card and trying to get into construction that way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You are too far from me buddy but the best of luck. It might prove useful as there are some really good guys on here if you give a bit more information about your studies and your practical experience. The way you describe your course reads to me like you have no practical experience which is probably not the case

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Hello and welcome

• Like Like x 1