Discuss New member query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom58

Hi, New member registered.
No profile as a very bad diyer !

Found your forum with Google search.

Original problem leaking Sharvin lever tap. Wanted newer tap fitted.
Product bought Swirl tap reviver kit 1/2 lever.

Problem I have is this: Fitted one lever handle,headgear, cold water tap. Using existing tap. Works OK.
Whist attempting to fit Hot water unit. Using kit with and without extender for washer. Unit does not flow. Seems washer is restricting the flow. Tried without extender bush, too short, water flows all the time cannot turn off.
When turning lever unit works when 'slackening',whole unit 2/3cm from tap base(hope term is correct).
Causing water to leak from the tap body. tightening back down, no flow.

Sorry about bad explanation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Tom, welcome.

Tap kits are not an automatic fit, lots of variables with different taps.
hope I have understood your issue correctly.
would grinding the spacer down to half the size work?
or using another sized spacer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New member query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a Franke Athena kitchen mixer tap fitted. After turning it off there is a small drop on the spout. If I remove this then...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock