Discuss New member, can someone help check quality of this boiler install? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the comments. He’s coming round tomorrow morning to discuss the bathroom work that has taken place. I have already paid £5.3k.

I’m so annoyed.

84CAF922-2D95-455B-8ABB-9EE1007704D1.jpeg
02A14D03-0305-4FBA-BB37-28EAA39A6164.jpeg
810B2FC3-2A62-46A4-A197-8D7889903A39.jpeg
E3EA5EC7-6F0F-46F2-980E-69461DF9C140.jpeg
A61C9071-0933-4528-95D5-F632ED95BBD7.jpeg

159A942E-107F-453C-BA1F-ECDA5C9AA38E.jpeg

FA279D46-7E8E-4E3A-BB9E-C472CF629087.jpeg

I have not read all the comments pal but my answer is yes .
Tiling is ***** too , honestly sorry !!
That’s what started it all off. Wasn’t happy with the tiling so started digging deeper to find anything else that I thought might not be up to standard.

You can tell how good he is look at the chrome whindow edging :D not even attempted to do a mitre

If anyone would be so kind to help me understand a bit more around the safety aspects of it that’d really help. Happy to swing over a donation via PayPal for someones time, as it will really help me with the conversation tomorrow. I can get more pics if needed.

This has been something our family has been saving up for a long time and we are bitterly disappointed, with 2 young kids and Xmas round the corner we are worried that we will have no working bathroom or heating (everyone that’s good around my area in Surrey seems full on booked into the new year).

Lesson learned :(

Safety issue would be the boiler install and flue, already made a quick list above

Rob , no doubt this install will get into our trade mags , prepare to be made famous !!

It maybe the angle of the pic, but correct me if I am wrong but is the boiler leaning back and the mounting bracket holding the boiler up is screwed to a piece of 2 “ x 1 “

Rob , no doubt this install will get into our trade mags , prepare to be made famous !!

It maybe the angle of the pic, but correct me if I am wrong but is the boiler leaning back and the mounting bracket holding the boiler up is screwed to a piece of 2 “ x 1 “

Angle of pic but wouldn't surprise me if it is out

And correct also boiler is hung with dry wall screws :D

Installed to plasterboard and yep looks like 2x1. I think it’s the photo angle making it look a bit off

I am also confused to where the gas pipe has come from/going to?
Boiler was in airing cupboard directly below. They’ve decided to fit it in the loft now (which I don’t necessarily mind) but would like to have been consulted with on location etc. Have lost about 6 foot of storage space!

Boiler was in airing cupboard directly below. They’ve decided to fit it in the loft now (which I don’t necessarily mind) but would like to have been consulted with on location etc. Have lost about 6 foot of storage space!
It looks like it goes out the bottom of the boiler then up into the air? From the first pic

Not excusing the work done,but the original cylinder install wouldn’t have caused that issue with your original potterton,they have a flow switch which needs to operate before the boiler fires or you get dry fire lockout (unless it was stuck in the made position :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New member, can someone help check quality of this boiler install? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back