Discuss New Government, what would we like to see change? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Renewable M

Assuming we get a new government, what changes do you think they could implement to revitalise our industry.... and what do you think we can do to help ourselves?

I have asked this question before, please dont just rant about 'how they are all as bad as each other', that's not the question - what could they do, and what can we do to help ourselves?

For example, what do you think of the MCS scheme? a help or hinderance?
Apprenticeships? VAT incentives? Renewables?

See what you can come up with.

new government?
its got to go one of 2 ways or we all will be doubly in pig mess
hung parliament even more pig mess

i'd like to see all mp's and pm on a plumbers wage - as a wake up call
i'd like to see everybody given a chance to earn a fair wage relevant too how hard they work
i'd also like not to lose 50% of my working wage for my entire life, that earns me the right to see a doctor occasionally and a pension of 100quid a week when i cant do it any more
i'd also like to stop paying for all the dossers out there, of whatever minority they are, including the 16year old "push another baby out - i get paid for it" ones

good luck with sorting that for me.

A little quickie as I've loads of things ... and also controversial ...

Full VAT on central heating fuel and no VAT on insulation and reclaimable VAT for joe public on insulation costs if fitted by firms charging it. Ditto light bulbs - full VAT on old light bulbs (can't remember what they're called) and no VAT on Energy Saving bulbs, with heavy penalties on companies raising prices to compensate for lowering VAT on bulbs or insulation and installation costs.

Not the most popular item I'm sure as most people's heating costs will go up but if this CO2 business is correct something significant has to be done.

i also need to add i'm a non believer in global warming -think its just planet doing its stuff, but agree totally with dontknowitall comments cos they are right, with respect to humanity and not just another tax earner for the government.

I'm also having my doubts on global warming - we're told so many conflicting things about it I'm not sure what to believe.

the problem is statistics and the way they play - word them
i buy a lottery ticket the statistics say i have a 1 in 100million chance of winning with them numbers. ok i accept that
but each number also has an equal chance of winning. accept that too
so great i win this week - millionaire woohoo
because im greedy i carry on playing, some statistics says i will never win again
me thinks i have the same odds as winning as everyone else?
also the odds cant change for me winning every week for the next 10 weeks, my numbers have the same chance as all the others 1 in 100 million?!

facts are made to lie to us, by people paid lots of money to "analyse" them, statistics are the worst for being "used"

weve only managed to keep books on the last 1500 years of this world. reasonably accurately, add on 500 years back to year of christ -not one person in the world can report that accurately.

if we cant workout the last 2k years, how can we prove the planet hasnt done this before

yeah,yeah oil and methane gas. that oil and methane would of decomposed or exposed itself some otherway if not for us-fundamental physic rule matter neither created or destroyed, just changed forms.

i blame my dog

shaun

what new goverment?,the same people will be voted in again.its just they might sit on the other side of the building,if you realy want a new goverment dont vote for anyone who has been an mp ever before.they will just carry on stealing from the rest of us.we should vote in only independants they could not make a worse job of it if they tried.

the problem is statistics and the way they play - word them
i buy a lottery ticket the statistics say i have a 1 in 100million chance of winning with them numbers. ok i accept that
but each number also has an equal chance of winning. accept that too
so great i win this week - millionaire woohoo
because im greedy i carry on playing, some statistics says i will never win again
me thinks i have the same odds as winning as everyone else?
also the odds cant change for me winning every week for the next 10 weeks, my numbers have the same chance as all the others 1 in 100 million?!

facts are made to lie to us, by people paid lots of money to "analyse" them, statistics are the worst for being "used"

weve only managed to keep books on the last 1500 years of this world. reasonably accurately, add on 500 years back to year of christ -not one person in the world can report that accurately.

if we cant workout the last 2k years, how can we prove the planet hasnt done this before

yeah,yeah oil and methane gas. that oil and methane would of decomposed or exposed itself some otherway if not for us-fundamental physic rule matter neither created or destroyed, just changed forms.

i blame my dog

shaun
and if the stats dont fit the plan they disregard them or change the wording im also a global warming sceptic for similar reasons
after a couple of cold winters in the sixties the stats were predicting a new ice age
but dont worry cos were getting nuclear power stations which would make electricty so cheap it wouldnt be worth sending out a bill
my theory is there are just to many people in the world now and animals to feed them all producing gas

We're the largest oil producing nation in Europe yet we have some of the most expensive petrol prices at the pumps! Inflated petrol prices, increase the cost of our materials as our plumbers merchants have increased cost due to transport of materials.
Basically knock down the price of fuel. :)

talking of oil, now we have started exploring for oil in the falklands, how long until we are at with war with Argentina again

which ever goverment we get its going to be a hard 2 years as we either pay of the debt (conservative) carry on spending till the rest of the world drops the pound like a hot potato (labour ) or we do bugger all and strike up the band while hms great britain sinks in to the mud (liberals )

some interesting views here guys, but not much about what we'd like them to do, or we can do to help ourselves.

Maybe the government should get rid of the Private Finance Initiative.

The PFI is where the government sell public buildings like the Tax Office, the Treasury buildings, home office buildings, hospitals and many others, to private finance companies who are registered in tax havens like guernsey, jersey and the isle of man.

They then rent the buildings back from these companies who are based in tax havens at extortianate rents. This means that the government is allowing huge profits for private companies at the taxpayers expense and allowing them to avoid paying tax on their profits

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Private_Finance_Initiative

yes, thats an opinion, but nothing to do with our industry.

the reason i ask, is some of our project team are meeting ed milliband. what an opportunity. we were with the new guy taking over from john prescott the other day also.

really, REALLY, i am interested in helping our industry, but if no ideas come from the people in it, then we cannot complain if we dont like the decisions that we are handed.

c'mon chaps, get the thinking caps on.

Last edited by a moderator:
my personal thoughts are that no matter what you wish for doesnt matter, the only thing that you can guarantee from any government is, stealth taxes, stealth taxes and stealth taxes. With one hand they appear to offer a white paper from DECC about feed in tariffs to go green, to keep the masses happy whilst with the other hand we are all getting a damned good reaming with things like the PFI.

Just a thought but who owns these private finance companies that dont pay tax and make huge profits, dig deep enough and I bet you will find a few politicians.

we are all here to be shafted, and you will never beat the professionals, MP's

yes, thats an opinion, but nothing to do with our industry.

the reason i ask, is some of our project team are meeting ed milliband. what an opportunity. we were with the new guy taking over from john prescott the other day also.

really, REALLY, i am interested in helping our industry, but if no ideas come from the people in it, then we cannot complain if we dont like the decisions that we are handed.

c'mon chaps, get the thinking caps on.[/QUOTE
remove stamp duty from all houses below ÂŁ500,000 to get people moving
extend the scrappage scheme to all boilers without electronic ignition

It a good question you posted, but the effect i feel would be similar to that of a new captain and crew recruited about five minuets after the Titanic hit the iceberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unguided1
talking of oil, now we have started exploring for oil in the falklands, how long until we are at with war with Argentina again

i can assure you there will be no war untill we find oil
Was not that the reason the first time?

I thought the first invasion was because of a bunch of Argentine pikeys after some scrap on South Georgia
/www.raf.mod.uk/falklands/inv1.html
That and their 200 year sovereignty dispute.

Last edited:
I thought it was really about mineral rights in Antartica.
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unguided1

Was not that the reason the first time?

My understanding was there was a meeting about handing it back but the Argies jumped the gun and we couldn't afford to look weak. But then the Conservative Government hadn't long got in and needed to win a popularity contest.

The conspiracy theorists will love that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Government, what would we like to see change? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock