Search the forum,

Discuss New gas pipe. Materials and fittings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be getting a mate who is a gas certified installer to run a new gas pipe for a range cooker from my garage (where the gas mains is) through a couple of internal walls and under the suspended timber floors to my new kitchen. He is doing it as a favour so I am trying to make the job as simple as possible for him to reduce his time on the job. I will be buying all the materials and removing floorboards and drilling through the walls. I have two questions. 1. What material and diameter of pipe should I be buying. 2. Should the pipe go through joists or can it be hung from them? I can see it being much easier for him to do the job if they are hung under the joists but I need them to comply to any regulations.

Am sure your friend will be able to advise you of all the above...unless he is in the form of a big white rabbit...called Harvey....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New gas pipe. Materials and fittings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock