Discuss New Cowboy Builders Series in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Did anyone else watch this tonight? The 'builder' being featured had come up with an innovative new way of plumbing in a WC. Just connect up the supply pipework and don't worry about the waste connection, just run a bit of soil pipe into the cavity wall. Who needs drains after all?

Surprisingly, it ended up with him doing prison time for fraud and being a director of a limited company whilst bankrupt. Nice guy.

Why can't we say 5hit? ... lol Prety 5hit insulation is what I was saying ...:lol:

Why can't we say 5hit? ... lol Prety 5hit insulation is what I was saying ...:lol:

swear filter and if that fails TONY will get ya,puddles never sleep:38:in all fairness though its a mods job to watch whats said,anyone could be on the forums

Here's the link to the episode on BBC website. Just a photograph of the install really, around 17:15. I actually think it was a macerator but apparently the toilet literally 'exploded' all over their bathroom...

I would have liked to see the after photo though, just for amusement value more than anything else!

swear filter and if that fails TONY will get ya,puddles never sleep:38:in all fairness though its a mods job to watch whats said,anyone could be on the forums

I am not the pi55ing bad,its in the arms !! nearly edited out croft's post,thought 'builder was a bit strong,maybe should have used twa t
:bigear:

As said in open forums,just think it looks better and more professional without swearing or ''astrex's'' all over the place
:thinking2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not the pi55ing bad,its in the arms !! nearly edited out croft's post,thought 'builder was a bit strong,maybe should have used twa t
:bigear:

yea you know i am winding you up,everyone knows your a tidy guy,and a legend on here

Thankfully Mark, in the Plumbers Arms I believe it is okay to cuss and swear if one know's how too :Lol: ... The honourable puddle's jurastition may well be inhibited in this forum :) :rofl: :lol:

Thankfully Mark, in the Plumbers Arms I believe it is okay to cuss and swear if one know's how too :Lol: ... The honourable puddle's jurastition may well be inhibited in this forum :) :rofl: :lol:

when did puddle buy a round last though? always has a urgent job to attend when its his turn LOL,that reminds me signing off now lads so thats me off home,puddle on a call out everybody else wandering off,that leaves you Steve,just your luck for croppie to wander in to the arms LOL,see you all tomorrow:21::44:

Well I haven't seen croppie for some time .... where's he gone?

TTFN mark .... krikey I hear the flippin Walton's tune comming on .! SHeeeeeeesh!! lol

The trouble with these type of program's is you only ever get one side of the story. And is it just me or does anyone else get the urge to smash the tv whenever that little prat little wood is on it? Can you imagine him collaring you in the street and getting in ya face!? He spouts off at them and yet knows nothing himself!

Think the programme sensationalises much of it to make it good viewing. The downside is that there is now a lack of trust between customers and tradesmen caused by programmes like Cowboy Builders and this has also resulted in many websites advertising "Rated Tradesmen" and the like.

i agree, at the moment most of my work seems to be from word of mouth rather from leaflets and advertising. which is good of course. i'm on a couple of websites but don't really get any work from them tbh.

I think customers are just more choosy now with what tradesmen they pick. This helps any tradesmen who can demonstrate good customer feedback. I don't really see Cowboy Builders as a bad program to be honest. Yes, it's sensationalising dodgy builders but if it helps to stop them stealing/frittering customers money then that's a good thing.

IMO.

the best bit in when that mellida woman gets all the stuff for nothing ,love to no how cos when i go anywere i get nothing off and theyve even started charging for the drinks machine now

the best bit in when that mellida woman gets all the stuff for nothing ,love to no how cos when i go anywere i get nothing off and theyve even started charging for the drinks machine now
I think the programme makers contact each business in advance. None of them do a convincing job of looking surprised when Melinda Messenger asks them to have all the stuff for free. I think much of the programme is probably a big con to make it good viewing, although the builders on it deserve what's coming to them.

Personally I enjoy watching DIY SOS much more as the banter is a good laugh between them.

I think the programme makers contact each business in advance. None of them do a convincing job of looking surprised when Melinda Messenger asks them to have all the stuff for free. I think much of the programme is probably a big con to make it good viewing, although the builders on it deserve what's coming to them.

Personally I enjoy watching DIY SOS much more as the banter is a good laugh between them.

did ye see the diy one were the bloke with the ponytile on his own does the plastering on stilts ,lol must of laughed for ages even tho it was a good idea in pratice i recone it would hard to do

I bet if you had a rack as big as Melinda's you would get everything for nothing too!! Sorry but just saying what everyone else is thinking!!

Yeah, she has got lovely boobs! Still there's no way I'd work for free, even if she did give me a toothy grin and a cuddle. That won't pay the bills.

no way those businesses give all that stuff away for free, what would you do if melinda phoned you up and asked you to install a new heating system but she can't pay you ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Cowboy Builders Series in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock