Discuss New condenser boiler - plumbed in correctly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KarenMc

My mother recently had her boiler replaced from an old oil-fired boiler (25 years old) to a new Grant Euroflame condenser boiler on the recommendation of her plumber. It is an open boiler in the garage which links to the hot water cylinder (hot press) in the house and an immersion heater.

With her previous boiler, she had enough hot water available for two baths, whereas now the water is running lukewarm and doesn't even heat one bath. On questioning the plumber who installed it, she was told that she would need to turn off her radiators if she wanted hot water for baths or he could put the immersion heater into the hot water cylinder. She opted for the second option, but is no longer able to use the immersion heater in the way she used to (i.e. have the boiler hot water set to off and use immersion heater for small amounts of hot water as and when required). She us also concerned that it has not been installed in the correct way overall but cannot be sure of this without professional advice.

Having spent a great deal of money on the initial installation she would like to seek some redress if this is the case.

Any advice appreciated! :confused5:

Assume the installer was oftec registered? I would be calling oftec firstly

Assume the installer was oftec registered? I would be calling oftec firstly

Would it make a difference if the plumber was oftec? It's still a gamble if you get someone who's actually experienced or/and honest. :smile:
My mate did the full oftec qualifications. He is honest, but he knows nothing about pipework & very little about heating or about oil burners.

Last edited:
Don't oftec have some sort of technical guarantee / custard support scheme for registered installers?

Yes - she's in N. Ireland and don't think plumber oftec registered unfortunately. I think we will just have to get other reputable plumbers to look and challenge the original guy and see if we can go round that route...

thanks

There's a good few of us over here Karen. Whereabouts is she roughly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New condenser boiler - plumbed in correctly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock