Discuss New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
send me a private message and i will be able to arrange to come take a look give you advise and a quote.

As for bathrooms:
1. One on second floor
2. Two En-suites on first floor

I will be putting in Lightwave RF throughout the house which includes individuall Rad Thermostats which will allow me to control the temperature of each radiator individually or by Zones so Will not need additional zones or manifolds plumbed in?

I am open to underfloor heating on the ground floor at least.

As for bathrooms:
1. One on second floor
2. Two En-suites on first floor

I will be putting in Lightwave RF throughout the house which includes individuall Rad Thermostats which will allow me to control the temperature of each radiator individually or by Zones so Will not need additional zones or manifolds plumbed in?

I am open to underfloor heating on the ground floor at least.

Wow,

Lightwave RF throughout the house, tell us more please???

Ohhh don't. Fit standard two ports and prog stats or address the two ports and run via ip .

Ufh is excellent. If you do fit ufh oversize your rads by 150% then boiler runs cooler but house same temp also works better with weather comp and alternate energy in future as lower density heat req. if u can afford it wet ufh in bathrooms / will require biscuit job tho. Don't use spreaders house will sound like enamel bath in a hail storm of m10 nuts

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Just posted a long reply and then my internet went haywire when i tried to submit.

I have lightwave RF in my current (smaller) property for all my light switches and power sockets. I also have their TRV's. This allow me individualy controls to all light\wall\radiator sockets that I can control using an app on my phone.

I can also pair the TRV's with a thermostat, but I tired this and got rid.

The trv's have day\night summer\winter temperatures as well as a holiday mode.

They work well for me as in the winter,m I will set the downstairs rads to a higher temperature and the upstairs ones a few C lower.

"Fit standard two ports and prog stats or address the two ports and run via ip"
Sorry, i'm not in the "trade" so don't really know what this means.

"weather comp"
Dito

"will require biscuit job tho"

This neither, help with plumbers lingo would be much appreciated :)

Two port is a valve, it's a lot more, reliable, durable and easier to replace. Does your current isystem give you real time feedback on temps?

Weather compensation. Basically makes your heating water temperature inversely proportional to outside temp. So when it's cold boiler works harder but when warm not so hard. - energy saving.

Biscuit mix . Light sand and cement screed on a celotex support to give thermal mass to a suspended floor underfloor heating job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.
Currently there is no central heating system in place. The property is currently 4 one bedroomed flats that I will be converting back into a single dwelling. all flats have storage heaters as well as electric water immersion cylinders.

There is no GAS into the property (this was capped off at the entrance when they were converted 30 odd years ago).

First thing to do is get the ball rolling on getting that connection back on. Will be your cheapest form of heating tbh.

unless you feel like being all eco !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock