Discuss New burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
OK - I have to admit it - having a 'Long' break from all this stuff is really causing me headaches and I need some help :)
I have a customer that has a Trianco Eurostar 100/125 external oil boiler (C2008) and I cannot get the burner to work. I have managed to determine that the control box was faulty and I've replaced that, but although I can get voltage (Tested using my Fluke voltage checker) at the different parts of the burner it won't run at all. Now the only thing I can think of that I haven't checked is the motor, and I probably should have but I can't remember for the life of how to do that so i have two questions really:
1 - how the hell do you test the parts independently?
2 - just in case; what might be the replacement burner for this boiler because the one that's in it at the moment has Trianco Max written on it and that's about it.

Yes I am OFTEC and I've had my audit as well.

Big thanks in advance blah blah blah :)

What happens when you turn it on. Does it make any noises?

Another example of OFTEC being a complete waste of money!! Have you tested the capacitor mate?

Pump jammed? Doesn't even buzz? Checked high limit?
Thanks, I have checked for continuity at high limit and there is a voltage on both sides. Same goes for the frost stat. Pump seems to spin ok by hand as does the fan. I haven't come across this burner before as I only used to work on Grants. This has got me well and truly stumped and I need to finish the job because its a friend of my wife and (a) I need to get paid for the install, commission, etc (b) I'm going on holiday soon and don't want to have to sort it out when I get back.

I don't understand, you say you have a customer with a Trianco external and you can't get it to work, latterly you are saying you want payment on the install and commission. Are you saying you've fitted it but can't get it to work?

Sorry, should have explained myself a bit more clearly. It's an old boiler that he brought to the property when he moved. I had to swap an internal boiler out for an external one. The external one is the Trianco. The internal was a Worcester. I've installed the boiler, zoned the system, checked everything works (on the water side), which it does, apart from the firing of the boiler as I can't get it to run.
I have removed the burner and attempted to 'bench test' by fitting a switched direct live to the control 'box', which holds the boiler control ( on, low, medium, high), the high limit stat, and the frost stat. There was no power at the Satronic control box so I've swapped it for a new one. I now get power across the terminals inside the Satronic. I get power to the individual components (at the connection with their leads) but still nothing. I have removed the photo cell and tested. I've checked to make sure that the pump and fan turn, which they do. Ive checked for voltage at the transformer as well. Still nothing. The only thing I haven't tested is the solenoid because I can't remember how to.
it looks like a Bentone burner but I'm not certain and there are no marks apart from Trianco, and the word Max on the cover.
i hope that's made things a bit clearer.

Last edited:
Another example of OFTEC being a complete waste of money!! Have you tested the capacitor mate?
I don't think that OFTEC is a waste of time, it's more to do with the regs than practical stuff, and if you read the bottom of my posts you will see that I've had a long time off the job, there's a lot of stuff that I just don't remember, including how to check the capacitor/solenoid.
i used to have the facility to just get from from the store & swap it out so I could check it worked. As I'm on my own now, and cash flow is a problem, I don't have that luxury.
cheers for the advice though.

So you've stripped out an internal Worcester and installed a second hand external trianco?

Did the cust tell you that the trianco worked before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock