Discuss New build house smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

1627055964894.png

(Too much time on my hands, obviously).

Yes try the one marked inspection chamber.
The noise from sink is air being draged in to break the vacuum in waste.
All lines up with what we already know.
Nothing wrong with a young tradesman doing the work but maybe more supervision required?
I agree, the plumber is a really nice lad but he is THE only plumber there and he is only doing as he is told. Stroma have to take responsibility for the end checks surely not being done properly. Hoping this all gets resolved soon. Thanks for all your time and effort on our behalf,

I would agree Stroma are responsible for signing of a property not to plan or more importantly not to building regulations.
But the builder & plumbing contractor are responsible for not following what are fairly simple regulations, it really is there fault you are in this position.
Pleased you are looking like job will be sorted please let us know end result.

Interesting read. Bottom line is that somebody has signed it all off and it's not to building regs.

The real worrying thing is that this only came to light because of the smell, so what else doesn't meet the regs that hasnt caused problems, yet?

Think a strongly worded letter from yourselves or even better a solicitor to say that you intend to hire a professional to do a full survey on the house as the drain issue proves that either negligence or wilfull deceit is at hand and should anything else be discovered etc etc etc.

I would agree Stroma are responsible for signing of a property not to plan or more importantly not to building regulations.
But the builder & plumbing contractor are responsible for not following what are fairly simple regulations, it really is there fault you are in this position.
Pleased you are looking like job will be sorted please let us know end result.
We only heard from Stroma that the work is in hand but the builder still is not responding to us. All the work is done by the builder and his guys. He does have a good build reputation but also one for not responding to problems, this we found out the hard way. I will keep you updated....

Interesting read. Bottom line is that somebody has signed it all off and it's not to building regs.

The real worrying thing is that this only came to light because of the smell, so what else doesn't meet the regs that hasnt caused problems, yet?

Think a strongly worded letter from yourselves or even better a solicitor to say that you intend to hire a professional to do a full survey on the house as the drain issue proves that either negligence or wilfull deceit is at hand and should anything else be discovered etc etc etc.
Quite! We are now worrying about the other hidden things. We have just retired and thinking that a new house would be trouble free. We really dont want a legal fight but also we want a safe home. Thank you for your thoughts. Do all new builds have to have outside vents? I have read somewhere in all the 'stuff' I have researched that not all houses do, what do I know I am a nurse not a builder.....

Quite! We are now worrying about the other hidden things. We have just retired and thinking that a new house would be trouble free. We really dont want a legal fight but also we want a safe home. Thank you for your thoughts. Do all new builds have to have outside vents? I have read somewhere in all the 'stuff' I have researched that not all houses do, what do I know I am a nurse not a builder.***.

From memory, and it's getting old, 1 in 6 vented to atmosphere was regs. But as yours is a development of 3, then at least one should be vented to atmosphere.

Hope get sorted.

Hi, we just moved to a new build. There is a dreadful 'sewer' smell in the house. No outside soil stack. AAV is sited behind bath panel in family bathroom upstairs. Had this replaced as plumber thought may be faulty, no change in smell. We are one of three houses and there is a joint pump station to the main sewer. There doesn't appear to be a vent on the pumping station, should there be? I have read advice and put all the plugs in downstairs sinks and covered with water to form a seal. This does seem to have stopped smell but obviously not answer to problem. Can't get builder to take notice! PLEASE can anyone advise what the problem could be.
Hi

AAV do not relieve positive pressures in drain systems only negative ones, I have been called to many houses where the plumber has fitted AA valves which then causes a positive pressure and blows the traps.

A lot of modern plumbers were not trained when we actually use to fit soil and vent pipes for that reason.

Every house shouild have at least on vent pipe, if you have a unvented cylinder like a lot of modern houses then the regs say that the soil pipe needs to be vented, sorry just another fault that seems to be regulary occuring event now.

Reply to New build house smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock