Discuss New build house smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I think it’s quite common to employ someone who creates a snagging list for new builds.
I’m sure they can advise on how to get the builder to act in a reasonable timeframe.

I think it’s quite common to employ someone who creates a snagging list for new builds.
I’m sure they can advise on how to get the builder to act in a reasonable timeframe.
We are doing a snagging list ourselves but it seems impossible to find the reason for the awful intermittent smell. The builder is far too busy and ignores us..and our next door neighbour who has same problem.

If all three houses suffer from the same problem it seems likely it'll relate to the pumping station. Flush some septic tank treatment down the toilet (preferably when nearer empty than full) and see if it delays the stink some.

If all three houses suffer from the same problem it seems likely it'll relate to the pumping station. Flush some septic tank treatment down the toilet (preferably when nearer empty than full) and see if it delays the stink some.
Thank you for your reply. All 3 houses have same problem to a degree but we are worse effected. We are the highest property. The pumping station pumps to main drain so should I still put septic tank treatment down? Should the 'holding' tank be ventilated? Had a look and there is no ventilation at all. A tank in the ground and next to it a green metal box which has a hole in the top but nothing attached to the hole, looked into the hole and there is no vent. I really appreciate your knowledge and help, thanks.

OK, good idea. You say its a short term fix, does that mean they cant stay on and do I need one for each sink/bath/mashing machine/etc?
They can stay but it far better to have em fitted from the start put one one the outlet from kitchen sink waste to start with if you're DIY handy there nothing to difficult , I'm just saying try it the easiest way which will be on the outlet pipe to the drain

Has any of the 3 properties got a vent pipe properly terminated (ie 800mm above any opening window) on it ?
Thanks for reply. No, none of us have an external vent of any sort. We all just have AAV's sited behind the family bath panel. The plumber originally changed ours thinking it must be faulty but it made no difference to the smell. We did think it would have been a coincidence that all three had faulty AAV's.

Reply to New build house smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock