Search the forum,

Discuss New borehole main, plumbing choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thinkingsquirl

Hello,

I'm commissioning a borehole with a 32mm MDPE feed into an old house. This will connect to a 200 litre pressure vessel, single stage filter and UV treatment before connecting into the existing cold plumbing. The existing is 15mm copper and old and will be replaced soon, but not now.

The connection to the pressure vessel is 1 1/4", the filter 1 1/2" and the UV 3/4". There will also be a pressure switch (1/4") and several pressure gauges to tap in as well as several ball valves for isolation and bypass of the filter, pressure vessel and UV for maintenance and to allow an old spring supply as a backup.

What would be the best (normal) choice of pipe size and material for the new plumbing? I'm competent and advice would be appreciated. I'd like to do the work myself but I haven't attempted a new supply from scratch before.

The tank and filter arrangement will change and it will be moved to an outhouse from the corner of a tiny utility room where it's presently situated; hence spending time on beautiful copper at this stage would be wasted when I dismantle it and have more space to arrange it.

22mm - copper

Thanks SimonG and ShaunCorbs for such quick replies. Would you still do it in copper if there was a chance of changing it (more filtering) and moving it? Would you consider plastic, and if you would, would you stay with 22mm? I like working with copper but I was concerned that I'd do the work and then have to do a lot of it again when I moved/changed it. Thanks for the 22mm, that's what I was thinking but I saw a photo (below) of what looked like 25mm or 32mm MDPE in another installation and that distracted me, although my plan included bypasses, gauges, etc.

tank and filter picture.jpg

No plastic, no alkathene. Copper all day and twice on a weekend.

I hear you.

if its only a temp for now and will be getting moved around (into finalized positions later on) 22mm copper with jg push fit fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New borehole main, plumbing choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock