Discuss New Boiler - Ideas and suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon all,

Few days ago I woke up and I didn't have warm water nor heating. I did call British Gas straight away and they sent an engineer who came to have a look. The engineer managed to fix the warm water but he said it was not possible to fix the heating since he couldn't control the temperature. He suggested to get a new boiler since mine is 20 years old now, and it's not in the best conditions (also the display screen is not working which is not helpful). The one I have now is an Ideal isar HE30.

British have quoted me several boilers but they are very expensive (around 2.5k).

After doing some research online, I have found some others around 2k (Worcester Greenstar 4000 25kw for example), which they have 12 years warranty and they seem quite decent. However, I don't have a big knowledge of boilers and I would like to know if you know any site where I can get one (boiler + installation) for a reasonable price, and if there is any boiler I should avoid.

Many thanks!

tbh as above the boiler comes in around 1.2-1.5k on its own if you want a cheaper have a look at main eco compacts

Reply to New Boiler - Ideas and suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock